We are so excited because we’ve teamed up with 49 other bloggers. YES, there are 50 of us. Each tackling one crafting material and bringing you…
The Ultimate Guide to 50 Craft Material
This great collaboration is hosted by Georgina over at Craftulate.
Today, we’re showing you a fun kids craft using magnets
Cork Alphabet Magnets
These are great for those kiddos that are at the age when their learning the letters and beginning to spell, like our very own DNH Girl!
Okay, here is how you make them.
- 2 packages of 4 Cork Squares – 4 inches
- 1 package of 50 mini-magnets
- variety of acrylic craft paint
- hot glue gun with glue
- Using the scissors we first cut up the cork squares each into 6 pieces – once in half and then each of the halves cut into three pieces. This results in (48 piece) — we only had one version of the letters (g,j,q,x,z)
- Next its time to paint. We have some glittery paint, but unfortunately it didn’t come up as clear on the cork, so we would recommend sticking with bolder, brighter, matte colors.
- Once the squares are painted, I used a black paint and painted on the letters over.
- Using the hot glue, apply a small dot of glue to the magnet and then attach to the back of the cork letter in the middle of the rectangle.
There you have your self a great collection of new cork alphabet magnets.
We’ve been having a great time working through our letters and working on some fun spelling words.
There are of course, a ton of other great crafts you can do with magnets like:
Running a Magnet through Sand
Hope you enjoyed your fun with magnets. If you have a magnet craft you’d like to add, please feel free to add your link below: