Hello and Happy Friday.
Wow, what a week. There have been some highs and lows and everything in between. I still wake up every day thinking about this little blog of mine and wonder, how did I, what did I, where am I and how did I get here.
Just this last week, I was talking with one of my best friends. We were talking about how a little over 5 years ago she and I had a heart to heart and decided that we each needed to write down our bucket list. (On a side note, I’ve decided to update my bucket list and publish it shortly, so look out for that) In any case she and I wrote down our bucket list for the year. We both wrote down, START A BLOG. I know, crazy right?
Well here we are 5 years later, and I have this! P.S. My friend is still working on the name of her blog 🙂
In any case, I sit here at the end of this seeming long week and I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for reading. Thank you for tuning in. If it wasn’t for the support of my readers, I’m not sure this crazy DNH would still be on the air.
In any case, here are some of my random thoughts for the week in no particular order:
- The DNH contributors and I had our first strategy session this week and we’re all overflowing with ideas and are can’t wait to share.
- I’m not one for secrets and although it wasn’t a “secret” per say, I had been keeping an important aspect of my life quiet for a while and this week, I was able to stand up and say it out loud. #wefightyolo
- We were included in a list of Heart Healthy Meals for Two by the Greatist #9
- Our Pinwheels were featured over at SITS
- While I was 15, I went on a trip to Great Britain. While I was there I bought my very first piece of art (a print from the National Art Museum) and had kept it in its rolled up container waiting for the perfect time to frame it. Well, last night on my way out, I walked into my daughter’s room to grab something when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a rolled up poster looking thing. Holding my breath, I go to grab it and find that a large piece of the print had been ripped off. Yeah — so that happened.
- I had such great intention of bringing your a great Valentine Friday Finds Gift Guide like last year or this one but it just didn’t come together. I did however find one of the cutest gifts that I wanted to share – Message in a bottle to fill with love notes (typed of course) or maybe even some personal pictures (only for your sweeties eyes?) 🙂 — Seriously I want one! Via UncommonGoods
- My babe started his Intro to sports class and for the kid that LOVES (I MEAN LOVES) balls — was having nothing to do with the class. He much rather sit on the ball then kick it! Wah wah wah…..
Okay, with that I will leave you to get your weekend started. Have the best time and thank you again for reading. I promise to have some great stuff lined up for your reading pleasure next week.