When I think of the 4th of July and Summer in particular, I'm reminded of my friends and Summer's past we spent making all kinds of memories and HAPPY moments. As we get older and we settle into relationships and grow our families, the amount of time with our friends becomes less. Its definitely more quality time than quantity, but tis is life. It just gets to be that much more special when you do have the chance to get together.
In celebration of the 4th of July, my friends and I decided that rather than trying to coordinate families here and there, that we would do our own celebration just the girls!
Our girls night, wouldn't be a girls night if it didn't have WINE! CK Mondavi Wine at that! Yum!
I do have to say that CK Mondavi is really the perfect wine for the 4th of July. Not only is it the only wine in this price point (supermarket wine under $10) to be 100% American made & grown(LOVE), but a percentage of sales goes to supporting veterans. I mean you cannot get more Patriotic or American than that! For our girls in 4th of July night, we decided that making dinner all together would be fun and can I tell you, it was a blast. We made a number of different dishes including a beef stir fry with couscous.And a blue apron dish of mushroom toast with a radish, jicama and apple salad.
The beef stir fry with couscous is so delicious and light and perfect for summer as you're not spending too much tim in the heat of the kitchen.
- Couscous - we typically used the boxed kind or brown rice is equally delicious.
- Cubed Beef - 1 pound
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Seasonal Vegetables (any kind you like) - approximately 2 cups
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves - minced
- Shallot - 1 medium size - minced
- Seseame Seed Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Blackbean Garlic Sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
Cook couscous according to the box.
In a wok on high heat, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Once its hot, add all the ingredients and begin to stir fry. It only takes a few minutes for the beef to cook and the vegetables to soften and its ready to serve. Perfect to pair with a red wine. How beautiful is this Watermelon Radish? I'm in love! You can find the recipe and directions for that salad here. The important part was that we spend the evening together. Catching up on life and laughing and celebrating all the freedoms we have been blessed with since the 4th of July 1776.
Some other awesome things I've learned about CK Mondavi:
- A percentage of each bottle sold between May - August is donated to Intrepid Fallen Heroes (up to $50,000).
- Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund (IFHF), an organization that supports the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families.
- Funded entirely by public donations, IFHF serves U.S. military personnel wounded or killed in service to our nation and their families. For more information, visit www.fallenheroesfund.org.
Happy 4th of July and Cheers from my friends to yours!!!!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.