I always get so excited when my Glam Bag finally arrives! This month, just like every month, I received five beauty products for just $10.
1. Doucce Cosmetics Ultra Precision Eye Liner in black $22: I’m not a huge eyeliner fan to begin with (I’m a fan of using eyeshadow and an angled brush) but I did think this product was okay. It was sort of crayon like, but it seemed somewhat easy to use compared to other eyeliners. It is very black which I also liked because I hate black eyeliners or shadows that seem more dark gray once they’re applied. Another great thing is that it is super long lasting. I had it on for a good 12 hours and it didn’t move at all. It stayed crisp and black throughout the whole day/night. I give this one a 4 out of 5. http://www.doucce.com/shop/ultra-precision-eye-liner/
2. Marsk Cosmetics Eyeshadow Brush Pro-Line $26: I wouldn’t say that this brush is worth $26 but it did its job just fine. It is pretty versatile which is cool but I’m just cheap when it comes to brushes. I used it to darken my outer “V” and it worked pretty well. It didn’t seem like it was any better or worse than any other brush that I use for that area. I give this a 4 out of 5 for the versatility aspect. http://marskcosmetics.com/product/eyeshadow-brush-pro-line/
3. Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco (full size is $7.99): I had mized thoughts on this product because I’ve heard so much about the advantages of Moroccan argan oil on your hair but I have tried a similar product before that hasn’t shown be results. My hair is color-damaged, fried from heat styling, and just not in fabulous shape. It’s thick and dry and sometimes hard to maintain. However, it seemed like within seconds of me applying 5 or 6 drops of this products–(it recommends 3 but I overcompensate for my massive mane)– Ifelt a difference. My hair felt lighter, softer, and smoother. I then styled my hair the way I normally do and let it completely dry. I was hoping that this product would tame some of my frizz but it didn’t really do that as much as I expected. It still seemed easier to work with though, when I was styling it. I give it a 3 out of 5. http://www.marcanthony.com/products/oil-of-morocco-argan/moroccan-argan-oil-treatment
4. Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in the shade Elegantly Wasted $15: This polish is a beautiful soft purple shade that is perfect for spring and summer months. It’s basically a light lavender color. When I applied the first coat, I noticed that the product was very watery and somewhat transparent. I figured a second coat would solve all my problems (as it usually does) but it didn’t. I had to then apply a THIRD coat to avoid any transparency (there still was some. Not much, but still). I love the color but the product itself sort of sucks. I give it a 2 out of 5. http://trustfundbeauty.com/collections/all-polish/products/elegantly-wasted
5. Hikari Lip Gloss in the shade Merlot $13: I can’t give this one a complete review because I didn’t give it that much of a chance. I sort of knew that it would be too dark and bold for me before I applied it but once I did, OH BOY! I’m not confident enough to wear super bold and dark colored lipsticks for some reason and this product was definitely both of those things. Plus, it’s a gloss so the shine also brought more attention to it on my lips. I immediately wiped it off with a makeup wipe because I would not go in public looking like that (lol). It is a really beautiful shade but I’m just not brave enough to try and pull it off! It did leave a pretty nice looking stain on my lips, though which I actually left on them because it looked good. This product is EXTREMELY pigmented and glossy. I would probably buy this product, but in a different shade for sure. This one in particular I give a 1 out of 5 because of personal preferences. http://www.hikaricosmetics.com/shop/lip-gloss/
Price-wise I’d say that this month’s Glam Bag was definitely worth the money!! I got about $84 worth of products for just ten bucks.