Most of you may have already be using coconut oil for different uses already, but we’re just discovering the awesomeness. Here are some of the ways we’re loving using it for!
- As a makeup remover: I have the world’s most sensitive eyes and so I can never find a good eye makeup remover that doesn’t intensely burn. I heard about this method and decided to give it a shot. And I’m so glad I did!! I only use it for removing eye makeup but it works as an overall face makeup remover, too. It doesn’t feel like it’s pulling on my eyes and stripping them. I just rub a tiny amount between my fingers and rub the oil into my eyes until the eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara is completely gone. It happens quickly, too! And no pain whatsoever!
- As a skin moisturizer/lotion: Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides that penetrate the skin for great moisturizing and soft feeling without leaving you feeling greasy and slimy. This is especially great for people with dry skin! An added bonus is that it also slightly protects your skin from the sun (20%).
- As a diaper cream: Since it is so gentle, coconut oil is great to use on diaper rash. It has the same effect on babies as it does for adult skin in that it’s a great moisturizer and body lotion. Plus, you don’t need to worry about it getting in your baby’s mouth because it’s safe to eat, too!
- As a lip moisturizer: This will leave your lips soft and moisturized after only one use! I recommend applying with a Q-tip or your finger but use a pea-size amount because a little really does go a long way with this stuff! It also stays on for quite some time, even after eating or drinking.
- As a lotion for pets with dry skin: Not only does coconut oil work as a lotion for pets but it can also prevent them from any skin infections! This is also a great way to fend off fleas.
- As a teeth whitener: The magic ingredient in coconut oil for this method is lauric acid. It gets rid of some bacteria that can cause yellowness!! If you don’t like the taste, try to get used to it because you’ll need to swoosh it around your mouth for about ten minutes to get results. Brush your teeth like normal after you spit it out and rinse your mouth with water.
- In tea to sooth a sore throat: You could swallow some coconut oil by itself but I like drinking it with tea because it tastes and feels so much better going down my throat! Just add a teaspoon to a cup of hot tea and let it melt. (It will only take a few seconds). Then drink away!!