Christmas morning is for sure my absolute, hands-down favorite. Of course the giggling kids and sounds of toys throughout the house, but mostly because of the truly special memories made in your pajamas with your family and friends.
Its no secret we love to entertain over at the Made with HAPPY house. What we sometime forget is that entertaining doesn't always have to come in the form of a party. Its really anytime you have a guests in your home.
While out at Walmart this week, and was preparing our house for our Christmas morning guests, it got me thinking of some of my favorite tips to entertaining and so I put together this super fun and HAPPY list of ways to make sure your guest feel welcome and have a memorable stay.
Tips to Entertaining Guest on Christmas Morning
- Welcome Gifts - Having a gift waiting for your guest when they arrive is always fun and makes them know right off the bat that you are HAPPY they are here. Some fun festive gifts we like to give are Christmas pajamas and or a monogrammed robe. Better yet, get matching jammies for everyone in the house! I also love to get each of the guest their own festive mug so that they can help themselves to hot cocoa or coffee.
- Their Bed - Ensure your guest's bed is warm and cozy with ample blankets and pillows. Add some festive sheets or throw pillows for some added Christmas fun.
- The Just In Case Basket - We like to share a fun little basket, most of the time in the bathroom or next to the bed, of extra toothbrushes, shampoos, and any other toiletries they may have forgot.
- Feel at Home - Making sure your guest feel at home is the most important . Lay out extra towels in the bathroom, lots of comfy throws around the living room, setting out water pitchers with glasses letting them know they are welcome to help themselves at any time is also key. I also like to have snacks laid out in the case they get the munchies.
- Traditions - Make sure to include your guest in your traditions. If you hang stockings, make sure you have an extra stocking for each guest. If you layout cookies for Santa, make sure they feel like they are just as much a part of the traditions.
- Prepare - While I know (Oh how I know) its a hectic time of year and there are probably five thousand other things to do and think about, I think being prepared is key. Make sure you have plenty of food and drinks in the house is #1. Its Christmas and you want to stay home and celebrate and not have to worry about going out because you have no milk. Menu planning always helps me especially while my guests are here. Making sure you have all the ingredients for your three big meals (Christmas Eve, Christmas Morning and Christmas Night) I have an awesome recipe that I will share with you on my next posts for Christmas morning.
Hope this helps as you prepare. I know that any small gestures you make will make your guest feel right at home. Merry Christmas my friends!
Head over to Evite for some other great holiday party ideas from my friend Amy from Momspark.