Looking for an colorful Thanksgiving table decor idea? These DIY Cinnamon Holiday Candles are easy to make and great as Thanksgiving place setting craft.
This Thanksgiving place setting craft is a perfect addition to any Thanksgiving table.
DIY CINNAMON HOLIDAY CANDLES
With the holidays coming in hot, I am so excited to be sharing a number of fun and easy Thanksgiving table decor ideas with you over the next couple of weeks.
I started with this fun DIY Cinnamon Stick Holiday Candle because they are easy to make. They can be coordinated to any color scheme you are decorating your thanksgiving table and they smell unbelievable and make your house have all the scents of Fall.
Supplies Used to Make these Holiday Candles
How to Make the Thanksgiving Craft
Once you’re ready to start the project. Lay out a piece of your wax paper, grab a small container and fill it with white paint. If your paint container has a large lid, then I would dip the cinnamon stick right in the paint container. Otherwise, a small container is great.
From there, let the paint dry and then there are two different approaches to the second color.
- You can dip the bottom half of the stick in the color the same way you did the white and then let it dry.
- You can attach the cinnamon sticks to the votive candles and then dip the entire holiday candle in the color.
I chose the second option as I was eager to put them together.
For those of you that love the monochromatic look, then you will love the simple white. I am addicted to color, so there is no way I wasn’t going to have a color on the bottom.
The trick if you are going to dip the bottom of the entire candle in the color, is to let them dry on the wax paper with the color side down. If you try and flip them upside down then you will have dripping color and the cinnamon sticks might not hold the weight of the votive.
The last step of adding the ribbon is optional.
I actually enjoy the rustic feel of the DIY Candle Holders without the ribbon, but the ribbon does finish off the Thanksgiving place setting nicely too.
If you are handing the votives out as favors for Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving then I would add the ribbon. Otherwise, its up to you and what you want your Thanksgiving place settings to look like.
Thanksgiving Place Setting Craft
We added a circular piece of paper the same color as the candle on the plate. This adds a pop of color and brings the thanksgiving place setting look all together.
I have also joined up with a bunch of blogger friends for a Friendsgiving Virtual Potluck! Be sure to check the recipes below out for wonderful Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving recipe and craft ideas!
- Baked Brie with Honey & Walnuts from Kelley of Mountain Mama Cooks
- Reindeer Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball from Julie of Julie Blanner
- Sauteed Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts from Shashi of Savory Spin
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad from Faith of An Edible Mosaic
- Savory Vegetable Crisp from Bree of Baked Bree
- Rosemary Lamb Steaks from Danyelle of The Cubicle Chick
- Turkey Pot Pie from Kelly of Eat Picks
- Fried Brussels Sprouts from Erin of The Almond Eater
- Cheesy Horseradish Mashed Potato Casserole from Renee of Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip from April of April Golightly
- Sauteed Garlic-Butter Mushrooms from Linda of Simply Healthyish Recipes
- Easy Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe from Mel of Adventures of Mel
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo from Isabel of Isabel Eats
- Bacon Brussels Sprouts from Kara of Kara J. Miller
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole from Jennifer of Show Me the Yummy
- Amazing Gluten Free Thanksgiving Stuffing from Sommer of A Spicy Perspective
- Pumpkin Caramelized Onion Gratin from Denise of Chez Us
- Crockpot Mac & Cheese from Leanette Fernandez of Funtastic Life
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts au Gratin from Rachel Gurk of Rachel Cooks
- Spiced Pumpkin Margarita from Sharon of Cupcakes and Cutlery
- Sourdough Pull Apart Rolls from Erica of Buttered Side Up
- How to Make Homemade Butterhorn Rolls from Mel of Flour on My Fingers
- Sweet Dinner Rolls from Jocelyn of Grandbaby Cakes
- Parker House Rolls from Irvin of Eat the Love
- Sugar Pie from Julie of The Little Kitchen
- Oatmeal Apple Crisp from Julie of Peanut Butter Fingers
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake from Eden of Sugar and Charm
- Strudel Pastry from Justine of The Typical Mom
- Tahini Hawaij Pumpkin Pie from Amy of What Jew Wanna Eat
- Turkey Cookies from Meaghan of The Decorated Cookie
- Mini Apple Pie Bites from Lynsey of MoscatoMom
- Kabocha squash pie from Hilah of hilahcooking
- Pecan Pie Cupcakes from Courtney of Pizzazzerie
- Coconut Cream Pie from Schnelle of Brooklyn Active Mama
- Chocolate chip cheesecake from Jeannette of Hispana Global
- Chocolate Pecan Pie from Kate of I Heart Eating
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes from Chelsea of Someday I’ll Learn
- Turkey Donut Race Cars For Thanksgiving Treats from Theresa of Chewable Structures
Crafts and Centerpieces
- This sweet Thanksgiving Place Setting Crafts
- Metallic Pumpkin Luminaries from Amy of As The Bunny Hops
- Easy centerpiece that will stun + party favor from Noelle of Oh Happy Play
Don’t forget to pin these Thanksgiving Place Settings Holiday Candles for later!
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!