You all know how OBSESSED I have been over the Meatloaf Cupcakes I showed you last month. It was bound to fade and the only reason is because I have moved on to the Taco Cupcake! Yes, you read it right!
I was gallivanting around ol Pinterest just the other day and came across an awesome blog A Girl Who Ate Everything. I saw her recipe for the Taco Cupcake which included beans and thought, “OMG, this is happening tonight” minus the beans due to DNH Dad’s aversion to the legume.
This is the so easy, fun and great to spice up a weeknight meal or as appetizers during next month’s Cinco De Mayo party! Aye Aye Aye!
- 24 Won ton wrappers
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 can of beans (would be tasty with black beans)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips
- Tomatoes, Salsa, Lettuce, Olives, Sour Cream, Chives for topping
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray
- With a smidgen of vegetable oil, begin to soften the onion. Add in your ground sirloin and brown the meat. Once its brown, add in your favorite taco seasoning.
- Line each muffin cup with a single won ton wrapper
- At this point you can fill the bottom of the cups with beans if you are including them
- Then the meat to about 3/4 up the cup
- Add the ground tortilla chips, cheese an then into the oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown
- Add your taco toppings and your are on your way to heaven!
I sucked and didn’t have much in the refrigerator in terms of toppings when I took the pictures, but all I could think while I was making them was how it would have been great with hummus at the bottom too and how you could turn this into a vegetarian taco cupcake. Also, the kids love taco bars and how get to dress the tacos how they want. Highly recommend trying it out! Plus, if you have any kids that are cupcake obsessed as the rest of the world, then this will get them even more excited! Happy Cooking!