Really... this doesn't need much introduction. The girls were coming over for this month's Happy Girls Wine Club and I decided we needed something with some substance but not too rich heavy.
There are so many things I love about this recipe.
- Its super creamy and there isn't a lick of cream in it!
- Crockpot action eliminates the 45 minutes of carpal tunnel from stirring traditional risotto.
Crockpot Asparagus Risotto
Crockpot Asparagus Risotto. Making risotto in the crockpot is the best hack to making a creamy rich risotto without having to constantly mix it for 45 minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
- 3 ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 ¼ cup arborio rice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In crockpot, mix together chicken broth, rice, wine, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 2 - 2 ½ hours.
- Cut asparagus into 1-2 inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute asparagus till begin to soften. Approximately 8-10 minute. Remove from heat.
- After risotto has cooked, mix in the asparagus and Parmesan and serve.
Serving Size:6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 1182mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g
Look for the fun kick-off of the Happy Girls Wine Club plus the pairings we had with this dish.