Giving the gift of a money lei is all your graduate ever wanted! We are sharing how to make money leis for graduation. The easiest money lei DIY.
Graduation time is upon us and if you are anything like me, you are struggling on a graduation gift that your high school will want and use. We have a great printable graduation card, but in terms of gift we are always wracking our brains.
Money of course! We’re sharing a quick and simple way to create a money lei that will give the gift of money, but presented in a fun and HAPPY way.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE A GRADUATION MONEY LEI
- Dollar bills – This one, I created with 40 $1 bills, but you can range from $20 and up.
- Tape (single or double side tape)
- Colored Paper (optional)
- Beads (optional)
HOW TO MAKE A MONEY LEI
Start out with your bill.
Fold the bill into an accordion shape starting on the short side of the bill, folding approximately a centimeter at a time.
Fold your accordion in half.
Using a tiny piece of tape, tape the ends together at the fold.
Open the other side of the folded bill and tape the two end bands around the center with ribbon inside the fold.
Once you have them all folded and taped, you can string them onto your ribbon.
In terms of the length of the lei and the length of the ribbon. It can certainly vary. I like to start with a ribbon approximately four feet long. That gives you the ability to add other items to your lei and still have room to tie it.
How to Personalize the Money Lei For Your Graduate
There are so many different ways to personalize the money lei for your graduate.
- You can add colored paper folded the same way you folded your bills and add those between bills.
- The colors can be based on the school colors.
- Adding beads and bows in between the bills can also add some fillers and make it more personalized.
We went with just the money for our lei, and our graduate was super appreciative.
Other Graduation Lei You Might Enjoy
Some other gift ideas:
- HOMEMADE WITH LOVE GIFT TAGS
- GIFT IDEAS FOR SCHOOL AGE KIDS
- THE PERFECT LAST MINUTE GIFT + PRINTABLE CARD
- TEACHER APPRECIATION GIFT
- NEW HOME OWNERS GIFT
- Dollar Bills
- Construction Paper
- Start out with your bill.
- Fold the bill into an accordion shape starting on the short side of the bill, folding approximately a centimetre at a time.
- Fold your accordion in half.
- Using a tiny piece of tape, tape the ends together at the fold.
- Open the other side of the folded bill and tape the two end bands around the center with ribbon inside the fold.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!