Create an easy to make Dollar Tree Pumpkin Treat Box for Halloween with just a few materials. Perfect to use for ready-to-give Halloween treats and gifts.
Need a cute and simple Halloween goodie bag idea? Try making a Dollar Tree Pumpkin Treat Box! It's so easy, inexpensive, and fun to make. I made mine be a jack-o-lantern and filled it with candies and spooky toys for my kids.
This is a great craft to make for a Halloween playdate, get-together, class party, or just for yourself. It's also a good idea to make a bunch if you can to have ready for trick-or-treating.
DIY Dollar Tree Pumpkin Treat Box
I'm all about budget-friendly crafts so Dollar Tree is one of my go-to places. I recently discovered their new crafter's corner section and fell in love! They have so many amazing things for crafters and the price is definitely right. Everything I used here is from Dollar Tree but can be also be found in most craft stores.
- Paper Mache craft box with lid - I used the round craft box from Dollar Tree but you can also find some assorted craft boxes on Amazon.
- Orange craft paint & paint brush
- Decorative shred
- Chenille stem (also known as pipe cleaner)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Treats of your choice
- Black paper
How to make a Dollar Tree Treat Box for Halloween
- Start by painting the outside of the box entirely. Don't forget to paint the lid! Do about 2-3 coats and set aside to dry.
- When paint is dry, cut the chenille stem (pipe cleaner) to preferred size and hot glue it to the lid.
- Draw and cut out a Jack-O-Lantern face from the black paper. Carefully hot glue it on the box. If you want your box to just be a pumpkin, skip this step.
- Fill your box with decorative shred and treats!
That's it! It's so easy and you have this really cute treat box for Halloween.
I hope you love this Halloween craft as much as I do! If you make your own, share and tag me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. It really makes me so happy to see everyone using my ideas with their families.
Looking for more Halloween activities? Check out these posts:
Free Printable Halloween Gift Tags
Top 10 Family Friendly Halloween Movies + FREE Printable Checklist
Activity Pages - 4 Free Printables