If you’re looking for a quick and fun crafts for the kids while camping, then look no further.
Its Friday and we’re pumped to get this weekend started. We’re camping this weekend on the beach and couldn’t be more excited. Before I’m off with my toes in the sand and inhaling a few Gooey Tubes I wanted to share our second post in our “Made with HAPPY CAMPER” Series.
Today we’re talking Camping Kids Crafts and we’re showing you a fun craft that will keep the kids occupied (for a few minutes at least) and jazzes up the look of your campsite as an added bonus. One of our favorite crafts while camping are paper windsocks. These are inspired by the Chaos & Love’s Juicebox Windsocks.
There are just a few extra crafty items you’ll need to throw in your camping bag.
- Different colored construction paper
- Stapler or scotch tape
- Hole punch
- Balloon ribbon
- Decorative tapes, stickers, markers
These are truly so simple to make. Have each of the kids pick out a piece of paper they want to decorate. Let them go wild with stickers, tape and markers decorating how they want. Fun to let their creativity come out, especially after a full day of camping.
Crafts for the Kids while Camping
After they are done decorating, you will need to roll it into a cylinder shape tube and using either tape, or my quick and simple stapler, attach the ends together to where you’re creating a tube.Once you have the tube, its time to add the balloon ribbon.Using the hole puncher, punch 4 or more holes along the bottom of the tube.Cut the ribbon however long they want. I like to cut them around 2-3 feet and then have them tie or you may need to help the little ones tie them to the holes you punched.
Two more holes on the top are needed to hang your windsock. One more piece of ribbon about 6 inches. Tie each end to the two holes.Viola, you have yourself a campsite windsock.
Othere Made with HAPPPY Camper Post You Might Enjoy
Other Paper Crafts for Kids
- These super fun paper weaving are a great paper craft for kids of all ages. They can be made with two pieces of paper, a pencil and scissors.
- A ton of fun is to be had all year long with these easy PAPER FOOTBALL GAME.
- Turn those paper plates into fun PAPER PLATE WIND SOCKS
- These RED, WHITE AND BLUE PAPER LANTERNS are great all year long and can be made really easily.
- Another simple idea with paper, HOW TO MAKE A PAPER CROWN.