These DIY Flower Crowns are a kid and Mama favorite. They are fun for parties or just great for any child looking to play dress up.
These DIY Flower crowns are one of our all-time favorite crafts. We love how they can be made for a wedding, a music festival, or just for a fun day of dress-up.
I can't tell you how excited I am for this new series, Make it (HAPPY) Monday. We had our second week LIVE on Made with HAPPY's Facebook Page. The funny thing about life is that things happen and you just have to roll. We are getting into our groove, but this week wasn't without its hiccups. Darn phone turned off in the middle. DOH! Regardless, it was a success and we made Floral Crowns! YAY! Who doesn't love them?
We highlighted this Flower Craft along with some other fun kids crafts in our April Crafts, Day of the Dead Crafts along with 15+ CRAFTS AND ACTIVITIES FOR BORED KIDS and our 101+ Easy Craft Ideas for kids.
Creating things out of flowers is really special. There are many different ways to create a fun craft either using flowers or making flowers. We've created a full round-up of all the different flower crafts
When using flowers there are also lots of different options. We of course love fresh flowers, but they of course have a shelf life on how long they will stay beautiful.
Other options for different crafts that use flowers are to use silk flowers or faux flowers like these DIY Flower crown headbands. Regardless of what kind of flowers or type of flower you use, I am sure your flower crafts are going to be fantastic!
Floral crowns are always a good idea.
We certainly do over at our house and we love wearing flowers and greenery for any special occasion. The idea of wearing flowers for a birthday party, wedding, baby shower, bridal shower, or any special event makes our hearts happy and is so much fun.
When making a floral crown there are so many options to decide. Do you want your own flower crown to be a full crown? More of a headband with flowers up top, like ours? Do you want larger flowers or smaller flowers? Garden roses? Baby's breath or wax flower?
We love the idea of these flower crowns for Cinco De Mayo (5th of May) celebrations too.
No matter where you wear this sweet crown or what flowers you use to make it, you will love it. Here are the directions and we hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Other Flower Crafts You'll Love
- COLOR BY NUMBER FLOWERS
- PICTURE FLOWER KID'S CRAFT
- POPSICLE STICK FLOWER BOOKMARK
- FLOWER CLOTHESPIN PUSHPINS
- PLASTIC EASTER EGG CRAFT FLOWER POTS
Supplies Need for Crown DIY
They do not take much in terms of supplies, the colors are endless and can be made with real flowers too! They all make me so HAPPY.
- Silk Flowers
- Floral Wire - I used this
- Floral Tape - Florist tape
- Scissors - My Favorite
- Wire Cutters
- hot glue gun (optional)
How To Make Flower Crowns
The first thing is to start by measuring the floral wire to fit your head or your child's head. This is going to be the base of your crown. You will want to add 1-2 inches long of excess wire before cutting it because you are going to twist the ends together.
Tape and wrap the floral tape over the twisted ends to make sure they do not poke you in the head or come un-twisted.
Next, you are going to use the wire cutters and cut off all the flowers you want to use for your crown.
Note: I suggest laying out the flowers to get an idea flower layout and to visualize your best option for the crown.
Place your first flower along with the crown and starting at the bottom of the stem, tape your flower to the crown, up to the flower. We are putting the flowers on the twisted end of the crown to cover up the meeting of the ends of the wire. If you are making an entire crown, then you do not have to worry about where you start.
Then just continue to tape each flower to the front of the crown.
To make full crowns, you just need to continue to tape the flowers around the entire length of the floral wire.
We made a number of different crowns using some summer bunches we found at Michaels and trader joes. The important part is to have fun and make sure the flowers make you HAPPY!
Other Kids Crafts You'll Love
- Silk Flowers
- Floral Wire
- Floral Tape
- Wire Cutters
- You want to first start by measuring the floral wire to your head or your child's head. You will want to add an extra 1-2 inches before cutting it, because you are going to twist the ends together.
- Use a piece of floral tape and over the twisted ends to make sure they do not poke you in the head or come un-twisted.
- Next you are going to use the wire cutters and cut off all the flowers you want to use for your crown.
- Place your first flower along the crown and starting at the bottom of the stem, tape your flower to the crown, up to the flower. NOTE: if you start adding the flower to the part of the crown where then ends are twisted and taped up, then you will have a clean wire at the back of your head.
- Then just continue to tape each flower to the front of the crown.
- To make full crowns, you just need to continue to tape the flowers around the entire length of the floral wire.
- We made a number of different crowns using some summer bunches we found at Michaels. The important part is to have fun and make sure the flowers make you HAPPY!
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!