Your unicorn-loving child will love this fun and easy popsicle stick DIY Unicorn Light. Lots of fun making and even more enjoying!
If you are looking for a fun popsicle stick DIY, you have come to the right place! This delightful, Popsicle Stick DIY Night Light Unicorn Craft is a colorful, easy DIY that your kids will love!
Lately, everywhere I go I am seeing unicorns. They’re very popular in home decorations and you see them all over clothing! Walk around any store and you'll see lots of different types of unicorn toys galore! This creative craft is a unique and really great way to get in some fun paper crafts with your kids. You'll be the coolest adult around while making this easy craft that fits right in with the popularity of unicorns.
Popsicle Stick Crafts are some of our favorites. If you are looking for other fun crafts with popsicle sticks, you will not want to miss our other popular popsicle stick crafts including Popsicle Stick DIY Flower Bookmark, Summer Popsicle Tissue Paper Craft, Popsicle Stick Bird Feeder Craft, Toilet Paper Stamp Flower Craft, and Popsicle Stick Shelf.
Popsicle Stick Crafts
I love craft stick projects at my house! Since I always seem to have popsicle sticks floating around in my crafting supplies, I can use them for really cute craft stick projects like this one. Kids absolutely love DIY projects and feel so accomplished and proud when they have finished anything using their creativity and maybe just a few popsicle sticks.
In this creative craft art project we use wax paper and colorful popsicle sticks for bright, fun craft kids will LOVE! You can use this popsicle stick DIY for one of your holiday crafts or really, any time of the year! Getting a few friends or cousins together to do a DIY craft is always a hit.
Honestly, this would really be an adorable birthday party DIY project if you wanted to do easy crafts for kids at a party that they could take home and enjoy. When it comes to popsicle stick DIY, this craft project will be a favorite for kids (and parents) because they will get to use their creativity and appreciate their Popsicle Stick DIY Night Light Unicorn Craft for a long time! You will love that this charming art project is simple to make and you will likely have all the supplies in your home already.
Supplies for Popsicle Stick Lantern
- Small colorful craft sticks
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Parchment paper
- White School Glue
- Battery operated tealight candle
- Unicorn themed stickers
- Colorful adhesive gemstones
How to Make Unicorn Lantern
Start by lining up four craft sticks to make a square frame.
Hot glue the sticks together.
Repeat this process to make four frames.
Note: You could use Elmer’s glue, but it takes much longer to dry and isn’t quite as sturdy.) An adult will need to use the hot glue gun, or assist older kids, but kids love getting to pick out the colors for each frame and helping to line them up.
Next, place the frames onto parchment paper, and trace them around them with a pencil.
Cut out each square with scissors, cutting on the inside of each line to make the square slightly smaller.
Using Elmer’s glue, attach each piece of parchment paper to the back of each frame.
Set aside the four squares to dry completely.
Line up twelve popsicle sticks in a row.
Place one popsicle stick across the top, and hot glue in place.
Place another stick at the bottom, and again hot glue in place.
Once craft glue has dried on each frame, begin decorating your parchment paper with the unicorn stickers and decorate your frame with the adhesive gemstones.
Hot glue the bottom of each frame onto the craft sticks.
Add a little glue between the frames holding them together as well as to the bottom.
Let dry all four sides dry and then its ready to be used.
Place a battery operated tealight candle inside, and enjoy your lantern.
Other Unicorn Crafts & Activities You'll Enjoy
- UNICORN BINGO
- BE A UNICORN COLORING PAGE
- UNICORN RAINBOW COLORING PAGES
- UNICORN CUPCAKES
- FREE UNICORN PRINTABLES ACTIVITY PACK
- UNICORN COLOR BY NUMBER - FREE PRINTABLE COLORING PAGE
- STARBUCKS UNICORN DRINK DIY COSTUME
- UNICORN HOT CHOCOLATE BOMB
- Start by lining up four craft sticks to make a square frame.
- Hot glue the sticks together.
- Repeat this process to make four frames.
- Next place the frames onto parchment paper, and trace around them with a pencil.
- Cut out each square with scissors, cutting on the inside of each line to make the square slightly smaller.
- Using Elmer’s glue, attach each piece of parchment paper to the back of each frame.
- Set aside the four squares to dry completely.
- Line up twelve craft sticks in a row.
- Place one craft stick across the top, and hot glue in place.
- Place another stick at the bottom, and again hot glue in place.
- Once the Elmer’s glue has dried on each frame, begin decorating your parchment paper with the unicorn stickers, and decorate your frame with the adhesive gemstones.
- Hot glue the bottom of each frame onto the craft sticks.
- Add a little glue between the frames holding them together as well as to the bottom.
- Let dry all four sides dry and then its ready to be used.
- Place a battery operated tealight candle inside, and enjoy your lantern.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!