We have the cutest DIY Starbucks Costume, Unicorn Drink, there ever was.
This DIY Starbucks Costume will be the hit of all DIY Halloween costumes this year.
If your family is anything like ours, then you all love Starbucks.
This Starbucks Unicorn Drink DIY Costume is easy, inexpensive, and all kinds of fun. We are so flipping excited to share with you our first of this year's DIY Halloween Costumes, the Starbucks Unicorn Drink.
Starbucks Unicorn Drink
Earlier this year, Starbucks released this beauty of a drink for just a few short days and it would have appeared that everyone and their mother rushed out to get one. I mean it's pink, it's purple, it's Aqua, and topped with sweet dusting powder. It's a UNICORN drink!
It should come as NO SURPRISE, that we are both a fan of Starbucks, and unicorns and so it made this year's costume a complete no-brainer.
This fun costume can be worn by both kids and adults with no adjustment needed.
Here is all you need to make your own Starbucks Unicorn Drink DIY Costume.
DIY Starbucks Costume
The Cup Costume Section
- purple, pink, and blue wrapping paper
- 3 sheets of white poster board
- 2 small hula hoops
- lavender duct tape
- white duct tape
- lavender card stock
- mesh ribbon
- lavender shirt
- white headband
- foam cone
- purple twine
- white felt
- paper towel roll
- green paint
- paint brush
- hot glue gun
- scissors - here are one of my favorites
- spray glue
Luxury Tiffany Celestial Blue Pink Purple Marble Wrapping Paper
Starbucks Unicorn Drink DIY Costume
Grab yourself a Starbucks coffee and it's time to make this fun Starbucks Frappuccino Costume.
The Starbucks Cup
- Start by taping the smaller ends of the poster board together butting each end together.
- Wrap the taped together poster boards around the hula hoop to create a cylinder. Once you have the size, overlapping the first and third poster boards, attach them together with the stapler.
- Holding one of the hula hoops in place, using the duct tape, attach the poster board to the hula hoop all the way around. Do the same for the second hula hoop on the other end.
- Cut your mesh ribbon into approximately 1 foot pieces. I used approximately 30 pieces. You can add more for a fuller "foam" look. I attached the ribbon to the inside of the poster board using the white duct tape.
- You will want to make sure the ribbon is curling up and out of the poster board.
- Next you add the wrapping paper to the outside of the cylinder. I used the duct tape to attach the first side and then roll it around the outside. Cut down the excess wrapping paper and use the excess for any gaps in the back of the cylinder. I attached the second side and the additional piece with the spray adhesive glue.
- I then made the straps out of the lavender duct tape. We cut two pieces of duct tape approximately 34 inches and two pieces at 28 inches.
- We placed one of the 28 inch pieces sticky sides together with the 34 inch tape leaving about 3 inches of sticky tape on each side. Repeat with other two pieces of tape.
- Tape the straps to the inside of the cylinder right below the hula hoop approximately a foot apart. I then reinforced the tape with a 3 inch piece of tape across the attached piece to make sure it would stay in place.
- Paint your paper towel roll green
- Wrap your foam cone with a white piece of felt and hot glue in place.
- Starting at the top of the cone, hot glue the purple twine down and then twist it around the cone pulling it tight giving your unicorn horn a twisted look. Hot glue the other end to the bottom of the foam cone.
- Attach unicorn horn to the white headband with hot glue.
- Make two small cuts - one on each side towards the bottom of the paper towel roll. This will allow for the headband to slide through each hold and stay standing.
- Twist one or two pieces of the mesh ribbon and hot glue to the other side of the unicorn horn to create additional foam look.
- Print Starbucks logo (download below) on a piece of lavender cardstock
- Cut out the label and then attach to front of cylinder using spray glue.
Before purchasing everything online, you should check your local dollar store. I found the poster board, hula hoops, foam cone, and white headband there. Definitely start there to cut down on cost, and then source the other items.
Simply wear your lavender shirt and some neutral pants or shorts and you have yourself the most fun costume of the year!
I cannot wait to see if you make it! Email pictures or tag us on social media when you are dressed up!
Download Your DIY Starbucks Costume Drink Label
Other DIY Costumes You Might Enjoy
- 10+ FUN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FOR BOYS
- ECO-FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES
- INSTANT POT DIY COSTUMES
- DIY PINK FLAMINGO COSTUME
- DIY TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE SHELLS
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN COSTUME