We are sharing a quick and easy DIY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Shell made from simple supplies from the dollar store. This is great as a kid's ninja turtle costume as well as an adult turtle costume.
These ninja turtle shells are one of the most fun and easy for your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume.
These fun back shells are great for a ninja turtle costume, but can also work for any type of turtle shell backpack. I have had readers write in and say they used them for sea turtles, a baby turtle, and general turtle shell costumes.
We of course are big Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pop culture fans and so we made these simple DIY ninja turtle costumes.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costumes
This past year, the whole Made with HAPPY family dressed up as TMNT (I was Donny) 🙂 In any case, we purchased costumes for the littles, and MWH Dad and I had make-shift costumes including our DIY Shells. It made for really fun family ninja turtle costumes.
For his party, I thought, why not make each of the kids a turtle shell costume so they can dress up and take it home with them? We had close to 20 kids and so these were an inexpensive way for us to make a ninja turtle shell backpack for each child.
How do you make a ninja turtle shell?
Below we're sharing our quick and simple way to make these fun title shells.
They are great for Halloween costumes, playing dress-up, or for themed birthdays, like ours. We hope you enjoy these ninja turtle shell backpack
Ninja Turtle Shell
Supplies For Costume Turtle Shell
- Oval Roasting Pan
- Can of Green spray paint
- Green Yarn
How to Make a Turtle Shell Backpack
They are so easy and inexpensive, you're going to want to have this theme every year!
Simply head down to your local dollar store. Pick up the oval-shaped roasting pans. Yep, a dollar.
Lay them out and using a can of green spray paint, paint the tops.
Once you let them dry, then using scissors, we made a small hole in each of the four corners.
Using a simple green yarn, I tied one end to the top right hole of the roasting pan (if you're looking at it long ways up and down) and then the other end to the bottom right hole.
I used the second piece of yarn and did the same thing to the two left holes and viola, you have a backpack turtle shell.
The kids had an absolute blast running around with them on and many wore them home.
Super simple and only a dollar. Can't beat it!
More of our Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Inspiration
Other DIY Costumes You Might Enjoy
- DIY PINK FLAMINGO COSTUME
- ECO-FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES
- INSTANT POT DIY COSTUMES
- STARBUCKS UNICORN DRINK DIY COSTUME
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN
- 10+ FUN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FOR BOYS
- Disposable Oval Roasting Pan
- Green Spray Paint
- Green Yarn
- Simply head down to your local dollar store. Pick up the oval shaped roasting pans. Yep, a dollar.
- Lay them out and using a can of green spray paint, paint the tops.
- Once you let them dry, then using a scissors, we made a small hole in each of the four corners.
- Using a simple green yarn, I tied one end to the top right hole of the roasting pan (if you're looking at it long ways up and down) and then the other end to the bottom right hole. I used a second piece of yarn and did the same thing to the two left holes and viola, you have a back pack turtle shell.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!