This boat craft for kids is a great Summer activity. Is there anything more fun than playing in water? We have free printable sails too!
Summer Crafts and activities are always more fun with water. That is why everyone will love this boat craft for kids.
Lazy days and fun in the sun this Summer has us excited that Summer is here!
Especially after the crazy distance learning from the second half of this past school season. Bring on popsicles and sun-kissed cheeks.
Summer Sailboat Craft Ideas
We are always looking for easy paper crafts that the kids will love during these warm Summer months.
Inevitably we always end up in or near water. Kids and water go together like salt and pepper.
Boats are always a fun idea. The kids love to just see them float and there was also some fun in the pool trying to get the boats across.
They are also lots of fun during bath time.
We have yet to find a way to actually race the boats across with the wind, but we will let you know as soon as we figure it out.
What you Need to Make a Juice Box Boat
- Juice Boxes
- Printable Flags
- Paint Brush
How to Make the Paper Boat Craft
- Start by poking a small hole in the top of the juice boxes approximately ⅓ down from the top.
- Drain the juice into a cup for drinking later. Ours never last longer than a few minutes with my kids.
- Paint the boats. I typically set out a space for the kids with brushes and paints and let them go to town. This is where their creativity can be showcased.
- Grab the free printable sails below and print.
- Cut out triangle sails.
- Fold the paper sail in half
- Tape Straw to the inside fold of the sail. We like one piece of tape at the top and one toward the bottom.
- Creating a round piece of tape, and seal the two ends of the sail together from the inside.
- Stick straw sail into boat.
- Its boat sailing time
Note: You may need to cut the straw down in height if your boat is having trouble staying up right.
Grab Your Printable Sails
Other Kids Crafts You Might Enjoy
- Looking for a fun craft stick craft, then we have you covered with this fun popsicle stick bird feeder. Great Spring Kids Craft or Kids Camping Craft.
- These fun and colorful paper plate wind sock craft is a great activity for kids
- Paper Football Game was one of my favorites as a kid.
- These super fun paper weaving are a great paper craft for kids of all ages. They can be made with two pieces of paper, a pencil and scissors.
- This Indoor Scavenger Hunt for Kids is not only super simple and fun, but it comes with a free printable full of awesome scavenger hunt ideas as well.
- Paint Brush
- Poke a small hole in the top of the juice boxes approximately ⅓ down from the top.
- Drain the juice into a cup for drinking later.
- Paint the boats
- Cut out triangle sails
- Fold sail in half
- Tape Straw to the inside fold of the sail
- Create a round piece of tape, and seal the two ends of the sail together from the
- Stick straw sail into a boat.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!