This color scavenger hunt for kids is a great activity. This colorful activity take kids indoors and outdoors looking for all kinds of happy colors.
Rainbow color scavenger hunts for kids are all kinds of fun during birthday parties. This Color Scavenger Hunt is awesome for the younger kids. It gives them a way to go out and hunt around for all the colors of the rainbow.
Do not miss our 15+ Crafts and Activities For Bored Kids for other fun crafts like this one!
Birthday Party Games
Birthday parties can be a super fun activity for both younger kids and older kids. There are so many different scavenger hunt ideas depending on the kid's age. The rainbow theme is always a lot of fun.
Rainbow Scavenger Hunt
There is something magical about the rainbow scavenger hunt. It is a great activity for kids of all ages color hunt. Either around the house or your own backyard in a fun way.
Making it into a color walk while out on your neighborhood walk is also fun too. There are so many different ways to take this color scavenger hunt printable and turn your adventure into some fun ideas.
Simple activities like looking for a specific color can be so beneficial to improving observation skills and gross motor skills.
What you need for this Color Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Scavenger hunts are always a great idea. There are many learning activities associated with scavenger hunts. Learning to work in teams and the act of really searching is always a great activity for kids.
How to setup a scavenger hunt for kids
Start with downloading your color scavenger hunt cards below.
Print as many cards as you have children or groups.
Cut each scavenger hunt card out.
In the case you want to use them over and over again, I highly recommend laminating your cards. Then you can use them over and over.
Attaching the cards to the outside of a gift bag is also a fun idea. Simply tape the cards to the outside of the bag and then as the kids collect their colored items they can hold them in the bag.
Home Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Besides parties, having scavenger hunt ideas on hand is always a good idea. Especially since we all have been staying home more. Setting up a color scavenger hunt at home is just as exciting.
Scavenger hunts and or treasure hunts, are so great
Other Scavenger Hunts and List for Kids
- This Indoor Scavenger Hunt for Kids is not only super simple and fun, but it comes with a free printable full of awesome scavenger hunt ideas as well.
- This free printable Summer bucket list for kids of all ages is full of all kinds of fun summer activities. Kids will love checking off the fun as they go.
- Explore the great outdoors with our printable Nature Scavenger Hunt for kids! Print this checklist and get outdoors. This is fun for all ages.
- This fun and free printable Easter Scavenger Hunt is great for the whole family. A fun spin on your Easter Egg hunt ideas.
The one thing you will want to make sure of before setting the kids off on their scavenger hunt is to make sure there is all the colored items around the house.
You can also give them clues leading them to their different colors. We find it lots of fun placing different colors in different areas of the yard so that they have to check all different areas.
The first to find all the colors of the scavenger hunt wins!
Grab your Color Scavenger Hunt Printable
Enter your name and email address in the form below. You will be taken directly to the printable. In the case you are not comfortable entering your email, you can find the printable in our Made with Happy Shop here.
Rainbow Scavenger Hunt Questions
Now that you are ready for your scavenger hunt, here are a few questions you might have
It is a great way for your toddlers and preschoolers to get to know their colors better. It allows them to independently search for each of the colors.
We find that the easiest way to have a scavenger hunt with preschoolers is to make sure there are items of every color setup in your scavenger hunt area. Grab enough for each child and place them throughout the house and or yard.
It's important to have at least one item of every color. In the case you want to make it that much more difficult, you could leave one color out and see if they can use their imagination.
Rainbow Party Games and Rainbow Party Treats You Might Enjoy
- We're sharing all the Rainbow treats with these 21+ Rainbow Snacks.
- RAINBOW BIRTHDAY PARTY – COLORFUL PARTY IDEAS - Check out all the fun we had with the rainbow party. Loaded with lots of rainbow game list of items.
- Best Ever Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats are all kinds of fun for and delicious for your next rainbow party.
- Decorate your next party with this DIY Tassel Garland Tutorial and have the best party ever.
- Rainbow Punch Pinata – This rainbow pinata is awesome for any St. Patrick’s Day party or Rainbow party
- HANUKKAH DECORATION IDEAS – STAR OF DAVID PRINTABLE is fun and adds rainbow to your next Hanukkah party.
- Rainbow Popcorn – A kid favorite all year long, but always popular as a St. Patrick’s Day Treat
- These NEW YEARS COUNTDOWN CLOCK are fun and rainbow colored for the countdown to the New Year.
- Rainbow Edible Crayons – Another favorite of my kids. These edible crayons are fun and colorful.
- Our Rainbow Seeds and Happy St Patrick’s Day Printables are a great way for the kids to give their friends.
Some Rainbow DIY and St. Patrick’s Day Craft Projects You Might Enjoy
- We have Free Printable St. Patricks Coloring Pages that are filled with Leprechauns, Rainbows, and Pots of Gold.
- These St. Patricks Day Treats – Leprechaun Hat Cookies are all kinds of fun and a great to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day!
- LEPRECHAUN CRAFT – ST PATRICKS DAY CRAFT – Fun felt craft project that is perfect for the preschoolers and toddlers.
- Rainbow felt fortune cookies craft. My kids love making these to hand out at both the Chinese New Year as well as on Valentines Day. They would be great for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration too
- St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Art is great for little hands. I have made this project with both 1st graders and 2nd graders. Both grades had so much fun creating the art piece.
- Rainbow Holiday GarlandWe love hanging this garland all year long. We have used it for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and St. Patrick’s Day
- The Latest Craze – Rainbow Loom that never seems to go out of style. My daughter brings it to each of her brother’s baseball games. She sits on the sidelines making bracelets with some of the other baseball siblings.
- These rainbow Easy Easter Suncatcher Craft are fun craft for kids during Easter. What is awesome is that its also great all year long with lots of different shapes.
- We are showing how to Build a Lazy Susan that will spruce up any space. Added bonus, but we also made it rainbow.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!