The kids absolutely LOVE this rainbow rice crispy treats recipe made with Fruity Pebbles and they make for a great St. Patrick’s Day rainbow treat.
Marshmallow + Fruity Pebbles = One Amazing MADE WITH HAPPY Rainbow Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
For real friends. I mean, not only are they the best rainbow rice crispy treats AHHHH-ROUND, they are RAINBOW. YES!
I don’t know about you, but for a long time, whenever I would make the traditional rice crispy treats, they were super hard and would cut up the roof of my mouth. Once I had kids, I decided that I needed a better recipe that was gooey and yummy. After some tweaking and experimenting, I have come up with a winner rice crispy treat recipe. A fun little fact about me is that when it comes to cooking, I big puffy heart creating recipes that use a whole ingredients. No left overs. When I buy cereal and get it home and it doesn’t fit in my pantry cereal container, it drives me bonkers. If ingredients call for a half a can of something, I may never make it again because 8 out of 10 times the other half ends up getting thrown out, rather than get used. Just a little quirk of mine. I hate being a waster, so many times I end up making recipes that call for a whole bag of something or container. I tell you this because this rainbow rice crispy treats recipe uses the whole bag of mini marshmallows.
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups fruity pebbles cereal
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with foil.
- Spray with cooking spray and set to the side.
- Over medium heat, melt together the butter and 5 of the 6 cups of marshmallows.
- Once its completely melted, remove from heat and fold in the cereal.
- After all cereal is fully coated, mix in the remaining cup of marshmallows.
- Transfer to the pan and lightly push mixture down to even out. (The more compact, the harder your treats)
- Let cool and serve this amazing rainbow rice crispy treats recipe for St. Patty's Day!
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 413mg Carbohydrates: 100g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 59g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
The kids absolutely LOVE these and they are great for a St. Patrick’s Day treat. Go, make, be HAPPY!
Happy Mixing (no baking)!
Like it? Pin it!
Love these rainbow crispy treats? This Rainbow Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe can be made with any Rainbow Rice Crispy Treats that are leftover! (as if that would happen – you may have to make a second batch!)