With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, all we think about in our house is rainbow cereal. Every year I make a batch of the world’s best rainbow crispy treats, and this year, I decided to take those babies one step further and turn them into the World’s Best Rainbow Ice Cream Sandwich.
We are taking our twist on a classic ice cream sandwich and turning our rainbow rice krispie treat into the best ice cream sandwich.
While I was in college, there was a shop in town called Diddy Riese. It was a small cookie shop that not only made a variety of your favorite cookies, for one dollar, they would add a scoop of your chosen ice cream flavor in the middle of whatever two cookies you wanted and make it an ice cream sandwich.
The line would end up being out the door and down the street on most afternoons. When I think back, it always brings a smile to my face. Not only because those babies were darn delicious, but it was just that they took an already delightful cookie and make it into something even more incredible.
Its all the excitement and happiness kids enjoy when the ice cream truck but in one special place.
Diddy Reese ice cream shop was my inspiration when making these rainbow sandwich. Our rainbow rice crispy treats truly are the best. Just the right amount of gooey and crispy goodness. With just a few additions, you can turn this delicious treat into the best ice cream sandwich EVAH!!!
What you need to make these ice cream treats
- fruity pebbles cereal
- ice cream – We are using real vanilla ice cream for this recipe, but you can use chocolate ice cream, chocolate chip, chocolate or vanilla. Take a sandwich taste test and decide for yourself if you enjoy the chocolate flavor or vanilla flavor.
- round cookie cutter
- ice cream scoop – my favorite
- The key to the perfect ice cream patty is the Demarle at Home Straight Muffin Trays
How to make this ice cream treat:
- For the full rainbow rice krispie treat recipe, head to that recipe.
- Let the ice cream soften.
- Scoop a quarter cup into half the Demarle at Home muffin trays.
- Then place into the freezer till it has hardened.
- Once you let the treats cool, I recommend using a rolling pin to flatten out the rice crispy treats as much as you can.
- Using the smallest of the round cookie cutters, cut out as many circles from the treats as you can.
- I like to pop them into the freezer till they are ready to serve.
- Then make your sandwiches with two circles and an ice cream patty.
HAPPY Rainbow Ice Cream Sandwich Day!
Other St. Patrick’s Day Treats Your Kids Might Enjoy
- We have an awesome list of our favorite 25+ EASY ST. PATRICK’S DAY SNACKS AND DRINKS. There is also corned beef and cabbage snacks and chocolate cupcakes topped with whipped cream cheese. YUM!!!
- Rainbow Popcorn – A kid favorite all year long, but always popular as a St. Patrick’s Day Treat
- Rainbow Edible Crayons – Another favorite of my kids. These edible crayons are fun and colorful.
- Rainbow Seeds and Happy St Patrick’s Day PrintablesThese are a super fun way for the kids to give their friends a little treat and wishing them HAPPY St. Patrick’s Day!
Other Ice Cream Treats You Might Enjoy
- CHURRO ICE CREAM TACO – This combines the deliciousness of churros with ice cream in a delightful ice cream taco
- ICE CREAM IN A BAG – A fun way to get the kids to create ice cream
- EPIC ICE CREAM SANDWICH BAR – Turning our favorite cold treat into a fun ice cream bar.
- HOW TO PLAN AN ICE CREAM SANDWICH BAR – Providing all the details for the best ice cream sandwich bar
- PERSONALIZED COKE ICE CREAM FLOAT PARTY – Ice cream and soda make the perfect combination.
- ICE CREAM SUNDAE CUPCAKES – Resembles the cold treat, but was a cupcake with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Other Awesome Desserts You May Enjoy
- FRUIT PIZZA
- 10 SUMMER CUPCAKES
- UNICORN CUPCAKES
- DESSERT SUSHI
- CHOCOLATE OREO ICEBOX CAKE
- HOMEMADE CARROT CAKE DONUTS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Like it? Pin it