Who remembers cupcakes in a cone growing up? I totally do!
I am in the midst of helping a friend plan an ice cream birthday party, which then got me thinking about all things ice cream sundaes. Then I thought about how cute it would be to make those fun cupcakes I loved as a kid and make them look like ice cream sundaes!
They are so easy and so fun, that they are sure to be a hit for an ice cream party, or any celebration! Here is how you make them!
- 2 packages of ice cream cones (24)
- 1 box of cake mix - This one is super fun
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 container of white frosting
- cherries with stems
- Make the cake mix according to directions.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, oil and water together for 2 minutes.
- Place ice cream cones, standing up, into mini-muffin tin.
- Fill cones halfway with the batter.
- Into the 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and let cool.
- Scoop frosting into a quart size ziplock bag and cut the tip off.
- Frost top of the cupcakes in a circular motion so that it resembles ice cream.
- Top with sprinkles and a cherry
They are so festive and taste absolutely delicious. I'm not going to lie, I kind of want all my cupcakes like this from here on out 🙂