Marshmallow + Rainbow Crispies = MADE WITH HAPPY
For real friends. I mean, not only are they the best crispy treats AHHHH-ROUND, they are RAINBOW. YES!
I don’t know about you, but for a long time, whenever I would make the traditional rice crispy treats, they were super hard and would cut up the roof of my mouth. Once I had kids, I decided that I needed a better recipe that was gooey and yummy. After some tweaking and experimenting, I have come up with a winner. A fun little fact about me is that when it comes to cooking, I big puffy heart creating recipes that use a whole ingredients. No left overs. When I buy cereal and get it home and it doesn’t fit in my pantry cereal container, it drives me bonkers. If ingredients call for a half a can of something, I may never make it again because 8 out of 10 times the other half ends up getting thrown out, rather than get used. Just a little quirk of mine. I hate being a waster, so many times I end up making recipes that call for a whole bag of something or container. I tell you this because this recipes is based using the whole bag of mini marshmallows.
- 1 bag mini marshmallows – 6 cups
- 5 cups fruity pebbles cereal
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 pan with foil.
- Spray with cooking spray and set to the side.
- Over medium heat, melt together the butter and 5 of the 6 cups of marshmallows.
- Once its completely melted, remove from heat and fold in the cereal.
- After all cereal is fully coated, mix in the remaining cup of marshmallows.
- Transfer to the pan and lightly push mixture down to even out. (The more compact, the harder your treats)
- Let cool and serve
The kids absolutely LOVE these and they are great for a St. Patrick’s Day treat. Go, make, be HAPPY!
Happy Mixing (no baking)!
Like it? Pin it!