There is nothing sweeter than turning up the color on your popcorn snack with this super fun rainbow popcorn.
This Rainbow Popcorn is all kinds of fun all year long!
We are gearing up for an exciting St. Patrick’s Day and coming up with some fun St. Patrick’s Day snacks. I have been making different versions of this rainbow popcorn for some time, but realized I hadn’t let you all in on my super fun, colorful treat that has the kids asking for more!
Do not miss our 15+ Rainbow Crafts for Kids!
An interesting conversation came up with a few Mom’s from our school about whether or not we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, and whether or not the Leprechaun visits your house the morning of St. Patrick’s Day. I found it super intriguing as I have not really done that at our house.
In any case, we do love celebrating with fun St. Patrick’s Day treats in the kids lunches when it falls during the school week. One of my absolute favorites is our Edible Crayons with free printable.
This year St. Patrick’s Day is falling on a weekend and so we’re most likely going to be hanging with friends and possibly picnicking and so I wanted to come up with something that everyone can enjoy… like rainbow popcorn!
I recommend using your favorite popcorn for this recipe. I used the organic sea salt popcorn as the chocolate provides the sweet and the salt cuts through the popcorn a bit.
HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW POPCORN
Start by popping your popcorn. We like microwave popcorn, but over the stove, or in a popcorn machine is always delicious too.
Once you have popped your popcorn, add the pop kernels to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Spread the popcorn out on a sheet pan.
Grab your rainbow colored candy melts and in a double boiler over medium heat, or in the microwave melt each color.
Note: You can also melt a bag of white chocolate. Then separate the chocolate into separate bowls and add food coloring to each bowl to make each of the colors.
Using a spoon drizzle each color over the popcorn evenly.
Once you’ve added all your colors, letting the rainbow popcorn sit to cool completely. You can even refrigerate it for a bit is good for hardening up the candy.
We love serving in individual ice cream cup sizes.
One bag of popcorn typically serves 12 servings.
It can certainly be served in a large bowls too.
We hop you enjoy this delicious treat as much as we do!
Other Rainbow Popcorn Questions
Now that you are on your way to making this delicious rainbow popcorn, here are a few questions you might have.
You can definitely color popcorn kernels. You simply add food coloring to the popcorn kernels and it will give the popcorn the corresponding color.
There are a number of ways to color popcorn. We are showing you how to color white popcorn with colored chocolate. If you are looking to color the actual popcorn kernel, add food coloring to the kernel before popping.
The flavor depends on the base flavor of popcorn. If you have a plain unflavored popcorn, you will have the sweet of the melted chocolate flavor. If you have a salty popcorn, then adding the chocolate will give it a sweet and salty flavor.
Other Rainbow Snacks Your Kids Might Enjoy
- The Best Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats – These are soft and gooey and all kinds of delicious.
- These St. Patricks Day Treats – Leprechaun Hat Cookies are all kinds of fun and a great to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day!
- Rainbow Edible Crayons – Another favorite of my kids. These edible crayons are fun and colorful.
- Rainbow Seeds and Happy St Patrick’s Day PrintablesThese are a super fun way for the kids to give their friends a little treat and wishing them HAPPY St. Patrick’s Day!
- These Rainbow Ice Cream Sandwiches bring together two of our favorite sweets, rice crispy treats and ice cream!
- Bring on the bright and colorful deliciousness of our no-bake rainbow cheesecake. Bring in all the colors of the rainbow with this fun dessert.
Rainbow Craft Projects You Might Enjoy
- Rainbow Punch Pinata – This rainbow pinata is awesome for any St. Patrick’s Day party or Rainbow party
- Modern Rainbow Popsicle Stick Shelf – This craft stick project is fun and colorful and useful around the house.
- Rainbow felt fortune cookies craft – My kids love making these to hand out at both the Chinese New Year as well as on Valentines Day. They would be great for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration too
- St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Art – This is great for little hands. I have made this project with 1st graders and 2nd graders and both grades have so much fun creating the art piece.
- St. Patrick’s Day Crafts For Preschoolers – Fun with tissue paper. This is fun and makes for a great project for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Rainbow Holiday GarlandWe love hanging this garland all year long. We have used it for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and St. Patrick’s Day
- The Latest Craze – Rainbow LoomThe Rainbow Loom never seems to go out of style. My daughter brings it to everyone of her brother’s baseball games and sits on the sidelines making bracelets with some of the other baseball siblings.
- DIY Yarn Wall Hang – This uses every day yarn which makes for some really creative projects.
- Easy Easter Suncatcher Craft – These are fun of course during Easter, but they are great all year long with lots of different shapes.
- How to Build a Lazy Susan – We not only made a lazy susan, but we made a Rainbow Lazy Susan that sits at our house and is used all year long.
- 1 -2 bags popcorn
- 1/2 oz candy melts per color
- Pop your favorite bag of popcorn
- Add the pop kernels to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Grab your rainbow colored candy melts and in a double boiler or in the microwave melt each color.
- Using a spoon drizzle each color over the popcorn
- etting the rainbow popcorn sit and even refrigerate it for a bit is good for hardening up the candy.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!