Looking for a fun St Patrick s Day Crafts for Toddlers and preschoolers, then we have you covered with this Rainbow Art Project!
Looking for St Patrick s Day Crafts for Toddlers, we love this finger painting rainbow art project!
I have only mentioned it a few times over the years, which is just kind silly, but did you all know that I teach art at my kids school?
I will start by saying, I AM NOT A TEACHER. That takes a certain kind of person that I am not. I do however go into the class 1-2 times a month and teach each of my children's classes. The art program at my children's school is volunteered based. It has a couple different curriculum as well as all the art supplies.
There are week's when I use what is given and all is good. There are few pockets of times throughout the year when there aren't any lessons that fit and that is when we make up our lessons. For this week's lesson I knew we wanted to do something rainbow (of course) and something St. Patrick's Day. We came up with this super cute Pot of Gold St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Art.
Do not miss our 15+ Rainbow Crafts for Kids and our 15+ St. Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids - Where you will get all your rainbow paper, paper roll, pom pom, sun catcher, paper shamrock craft ideas for kids.
The supplies you need for this easy St. Patricks craft idea:
- White Sulphite Paper - We used 18x12
- Black Construction Paper - They only need a ¼ of a sheet
- Tempura Paint - Rainbow colors, including gold if you have it.
- Paint Brushes
Making this Kids Rainbow Art
Kids rainbow art is my favorite. There are so many variations to this project. What I found is that if you direct the children one way, then they will go four different ways anyway.
We started out drawing a pot of gold. I had them use a pencil and draw the pot of gold like a fishbowl on the black piece of paper. I showed them if they drew an oval at the top of the fishbowl, it would give it a "Pot of Gold" look for this super fun St. Patrick's Day rainbow art project.
We then had them cut out the pot of gold and glue it to the corner of their piece of paper.Then we squeezed a little of each color of the rainbow onto a paper plate and encouraged them to start with red or magenta at the top of the rainbow.I encouraged the students to be more abstract with their strokes as the color blend together like rainbows in the sky. We had students that wanted the clean strokes and those that loved the abstract of it.
St Patrick s Day Crafts for Toddlers
Two added instructions was to use the gold paint on the pot of gold. Either on top of the pot of gold or coming out.
I then encouraged the students to create clovers around the outside of their rainbow. They could try and paint small circles using their brush, or dip their finger in the green paint and create four leaf clovers with their finger. Messy is always fun!This St. Patrick s day crafts for toddlers or preschoolers is a great project to express their creativity.
I love kids rainbow art and any kids art for that matter because every single one of these projects turned out completely different.
They had straight lines, they had messy lines, they had all different sizes of pots of gold and I just love letting them create their own art and it so much fun. I highly recommend kids rainbow art for your next project and see what your children come up with.
Some other Rainbow DIY and St. Patrick’s Day Craft Projects You Might Enjoy
- Fun with friends and this color scavenger hunt for kids.
- We have Free Printable St. Patricks Coloring Pages that are filled with Leprechauns, Rainbows, and Pots of Gold.
- These St. Patricks Day Treats – Leprechaun Hat Cookies are all kinds of fun and a great to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day!
- Simple RAINBOW CRAFTS FOR KINDERGARTNERS - fun tissue paper crafts are always fun and rainbows make for a great craft during St. Patrick's Day.
- LEPRECHAUN CRAFT – ST PATRICKS DAY CRAFT – Fun felt craft project that is perfect for the preschoolers and toddlers.
- Rainbow felt fortune cookies craft. My kids love making these to hand out at both the Chinese New Year as well as on Valentines Day. They would be great for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration too
- St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Art is great for little hands. I have made this project with both 1st graders and 2nd graders. Both grades had so much fun creating the art piece.
- Rainbow Holiday Garland - We love hanging this garland all year long. We have used it for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and St. Patrick’s Day
- The Latest Craze – Rainbow Loom that never seems to go out of style. My daughter brings it to each of her brother’s baseball games. She sits on the sidelines making bracelets with some of the other baseball siblings.
- These rainbow Easy Easter Suncatcher Craft are fun craft for kids during Easter. What is awesome is that its also great all year long with lots of different shapes.
- We are showing how to Build a Lazy Susan that will spruce up any space. Added bonus, but we also made it rainbow.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!