Celebrate the month of march with your kids and learn lots of March Fun facts including birthstone, flowers, and holidays.
This March Fun Facts month is full of all kinds of holidays, beauty, and a whole lot of HAPPY. Learn with us about all about March with these fun facts and we have some added crafts and printables that are sure to make you love this month as much as we do!
Before we get into all of March, don't forget to check out last month's February Fun Facts too!
The Month of March
The month of March is great! Some of the stats about this month include:
- What Month is March? March is the 3rd month of the year.
- How Many Days are In March? There are 31 days in the month of March
While the current calendar has March as the third month of the year, that wasn't always the case. In the Roman calendar, March was the first month of the year. January and February didn't exist.
Each month of the year has a few different symbols within the month. There are birthstones associated with each month, there is a monthly flower and there are astrological symbols. These are all based on the month you were born.
- March Birtstone: Aquamarine
- March Birth Flower: Daffoldil
- Astrology Zodiac Signs of March: Pisces and Aries
- Pisces - Febrauary 19th - March 20th
- Aries - March 21st - April 19th
Holidays in March
March is the transition month between winter and spring in the northern hemisphere (above the equator). Spring typically happens in the middle of the month, the exact day shifts slightly each year. Spring is one of our favorite seasons as it brings out the flowers and birds and everything is fresh and new. If you want to celebrate Spring, check out our Spring Crafts For Kids, Happy Spring Coloring Page, Spring Bingo, and Spring Word Search.
In terms of March Holidays here are a few:
- Dr. Seuss' Birthday - Read Across America Day - March 2
- International Womens' Day - March 8
- Pi Day - March 14
- Ides of March - March 15
- St. Patrick's Day - March 17
- National Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Day - March 19
- National Crayon Day - March 31
Floating Holidays - Or Monthly Celebrations
- National Craft Month
- Easter occurs in March every four years
- March Madness
- Daylight Savings Time Change - Spring Forward
Fun March Facts
- The name March came from the name Mars, which comes from a the Roman god of war.
- March is the beginning of Spring whereas it is the beginning of Fall is the Southern Hemisphere (below the equator)
- Its considered the luckiest month
- Each year March and June end on the same day of the week.
Other Fun March Activities
March is filled is a month full of color and excitement. We have lots of different crafts, printables, and coloring pages.
Fill the month with lots of different crafts full of rainbows, St. Patrick's Day, Spring themed, and more.
Have some March fun with this free printable March coloring page.
Happy March indeed! Especially with this free printable March word search.
Download The Free Printable March Fun Facts Sheet
Simply enter your name and email in the form below and you will be taken directly to the free downloadable fun facts sheet.
Other Monthly Fun Facts You'll Enjoy
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!