Celebrate the month of April with your kids and learn lots of April Fun facts including birthstones, flowers, and holidays.
This April Fun Facts month is full of all kinds of holidays, beauty, and a whole lot of HAPPY. Learn with us all about April with these fun facts and we have some added crafts and printables that are sure to make you love this month as much as we do!
Before we get into all of HAPPY April, don't forget to check out last month's March Fun Facts too!
The Month of April
The month of April is beautiful! Some of the stats about this month include:
- What Month is April? April is the 4th month of the year.
- How Many Days are In April? There are 30 days in the month of April
While the current calendar has April as the fourth month of the year, that wasn't always the case. In the Roman calendar, April was the second month of the year. January and February didn't exist.
Each month of the year has a few different symbols within the month. There are birthstones associated with each month, there is a monthly flower and there are astrological symbols. These are all based on the month you were born. Those people that are born in April.
- April Birthstone: Diamond
- April Birth Flower: Daisy and Sweet Pea
- Astrology Zodiac Signs of April: Aries and Taurus
- Aries - March 21st - April 19th
- Taurus - April 20th - May 20th
Holidays in April
April is the first full month of Spring in the northern hemisphere (above the equator). Spring is one of our favorite seasons as flowers are starting to bloom, the grass and trees are green and we're finally able to get outside and warm up a bit. If you want to celebrate Spring, check out our Happy Spring Coloring Page, Spring Crafts For Kids, Spring Bingo, and Spring Word Search.
In terms of April Holidays here are a few:
- April Fools Day - April 1
- National Handmade Day - April 2
- Unicorn Day - April 9
- National Pet Day - April 11
- National Garden Day - April 14
- Tax Day - April 15
- Hi-Five Day - April 21
- Earth Day - April 22
- World Penguin Day - April 25
Floating Holidays - or Monthly Celebrations
- Good Friday
- Easter (Easter fall in April most years)
- National Humor Month
- Keep America Beautiful Month
- World Autism Awareness Month
Fun April Facts
- There are two thoughts on how April got its name, but no one is for sure. The first is that it got it's after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love. The second is that it got its name as the Latin word means "to open" and refers to the flowers and trees opening.
- April is considered the funniest month.
- Professional baseball begins its season in April.
- The April Lyrids - Meteor showers that happen each year between April 16 and April 26.
- The Titanic, a famous ship, hit an iceberg and sunk on April 15, 1912.
- The first president of the United States, George Washington, was inaugurated on April 30, 1789
- April is the equivalent of October in the Southern Hemisphere.
Other Fun April Activities
April is filled is a month full of new beginnings and fun holidays like Easter and Earth Day. We have lots of different crafts, printables, and coloring pages that go along with April Activities.
Fill the month of April with lots of different crafts for Easter, Spring, Earth Day, and more.
Have some April fun with this free printable April coloring page.
Happy April Friends! There are all kinds of HAPPY with this free printable April word search.
Download The Free Printable April Fun Facts Sheet
Simply enter your name and email in the form below and you will be taken directly to the free downloadable fun facts sheet.
Other Monthly Fun Facts You'll Enjoy
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
APRIL FUN FACTS
PIN IT TO YOUR DIY BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADE WITH HAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!
I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for content on my website. As a loyal supporter, you can now feel more connected and engaged because you have the ability to express yourself and share what my work means to you.
There are a variety of stickers to select from and every time you send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message which I enjoy receiving. For me, these virtual stickers translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into the content that you are enjoying on my blog.
You can find the Thank with Google feature in multiple places on my site, including a button at the top and bottom of this and all blog posts. If you try it out, let me know what you think! Thanks as always for your support.