These easy Earth day projects for kids are a fun paper plate craft. Kids will love to celebrate Earth Day with a quick and easy craft project.
This Earth Day project for kids is all kinds of fun and a great way to teach kids of all ages all about Earth day. This is one of my favorite earth day crafts!
If you heart crafty Earth day projects like this one, then you will not want to miss some of our other popular fun Earth Day crafts including Earth Day Sun Catchers, Earth Coloring Page, Seed paper Earth Day postcard, Earth Day Bingo, and Nature Scavenger Hunt.
You also do not want to miss our 101+ Free Kids Printables full of Crafts & Coloring Pages.
What is Earth Day?
Earth day started in 1970 as a way to bring the environment and its challenges to the forefront of people's minds. While we should all be working every day to save our planet using the 3R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) having one day each year is a great reminder. April 22nd is the official Earth day around the world.
Earth Day Activities for Kids
It is important to "celebrate" Earth day with kids. While celebrating might not be the proper word, bringing attention to it, certainly is important.
Teaching kids about reusing recycled materials and about growing trees, plants, and food can be all kinds of fun.
We love the idea of an easy Earth day craft and or fun Earth day art project for the kids to use those craft supplies. If they are recycled arts and craft supplies even better. This papercraft for kids is going to make this Earth day all kinds of fun.
Supplies Needed To Make Earth Crafts Paper Plate
- Blue tissue paper, cut into 1-inch squares - Or buy it precut
- Paper Plate - Or Construction Paper
- Map template - Grab Below
Grab Your Free Printable Map Template Below
We have included a free printable that you can print and cut out. We have also included a free SVG, EPS, and DXF file if you would like to print on a cutting machine. Simply email me when if you would like those other files.
Please note, if printing with a cutting machine, upload the correct file to your software. Resize the images to fit 6 ½ inches wide and 11 inches long. Select to print and cut.
Be aware that the SVG, EPS, and DXF files are in black and white. If you choose to print in color, you will need to set those colors within your software manually.
If you decide to print and cut the map yourself, then you can do one of two things.
- Print the map on green paper and cut it out using scissors.
- Print the map on white paper and cut, and then use it as a template on your colored paper.
How to Make Earth Day Kids Crafts
This super easy craft is great for little hands. We cannot wait to celebrate Earth Day with you and your kids.
First, start by printing the map.
First, start by cutting your tissue paper into one-inch squares. You can do this by folding the tissue paper over and cutting multiple levels at a time.
Crumble each of the tissue squares into smaller pieces.
Using the glue, squeeze the glue all over the paper plate.
One by one, glue the blue tissue pieces to the paper plate until it is covered.
Next, add glue to the backside of your land paper pieces. Place them around the world in the general region they are located.
Let dry and voila, you have yourself an Earth.
Once it's dry, your child can hang the earth and display it. We sure hope you enjoy these fun Earth paper plate projects as much as we do.
Let us know if you make this craft at your house. Feel free to send us a picture or tag us (@madewithHAPPY) on social media.
Other Nature Crafts You Might Enjoy
- Blue tissue paper, cut into 1 inch squares – Or buy it precut
- Paper Plate – Or Construction Paper
- Map template – Grab Below
- First start by printing the map.
- cutting your tissue paper into one inch squares. You can do this by folding the tissue paper over and cutting multiple levels at a time. Crumble each of the tissue squares into smaller pieces.
- Using the glue, squeeze the glue all over the paper plate.
- One by one, glue the blue tissue pieces to the paper plate until it is covered.
- Next, add glue to the back side of your land paper pieces.
- Place them around the world in the general region they are located.
- Let dry and viola, you have yourself an Earth.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
EARTH DAY KID CRAFTS
PIN IT TO YOUR CRAFT BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADEWITHHAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!