Looking for simple rainbow art projects and craft ideas that kids will love? We have a great list of 15+ rainbow crafts for kids.
Rainbows are our favorite thing ever. All the colors of the rainbows are my favorite colors. When ever we get the chance to make a kid craft with a rainbow, we are all for it.
If St. Patrick's Day Crafts are what you are looking for, then do not miss our 25+ EASY ST. PATRICK’S DAY SNACKS AND DRINKS
You also do not want to miss our 101+ Free Kids Printables full of Crafts & Coloring Pages.
Rainbow Kid Crafts
by Made with Happy
This sweet rainbow craft is full of color and fun and only takes a few supplies. We love this paper rainbow craft.
by Made with Happy
These craft sticks rainbow shelf is so easy and functional. They can be made as small or as big as your kid can imagine.
This sweet macramé rainbow can be customized to your favorite colors of the rainbow.
These rainbow painted rocks are always a fun rainbow craft for kids all year round. We have found them particularly fun when we are camping or as a Summer kindness project around town.
by Made with Happy
This spring craft is is great for the kids. The rainbow colored craft with tissue paper is all kinds of fun. We love this as a great rainbow craft for kids.
by Made with Happy
My daughter is obsessed with yarn crafts. She is always working on a yarn weave project or wall hang. We love this DIY Yarn wall hang because it does not take a lot of time. Plus, they can use up all the colors of the rainbow, which makes them happy.
by Easy Peasy and Fun
How fun is this paper plate rainbow craft? We love the rainbow and sunshine and it makes for a super happy art and crafts.
by Kids Activities Blog
Painting is one of our favorite activities for kids. Changing up the way they paint using a sponge makes it even more fun. This is a great Summer kids activity or really any time of year.
by Paper and Glue
There is always fun to be had with kids and liquid watercolor. Your child will have so much fun making all kinds of rainbows or colorful art projects using this method.
by Sweet Silly Sara
Sensory bins are shown to build children's learning abilities. They help with fine motor skills and gross motor skills and help in development of many different problem solving skills.
by Molly Moo Crafts
Building a leprechaun trap is one of our kids absolute favorite St. Patrick's Day activities. Each year they try and trap those silly little leprechauns without any luck. Maybe this year with this rainbow hotel will be different.
by From ABC's to ACT's
What I love about window clings is that it gives the kids a place in the house to add some fun and creativity when the walls are filled. This rainbow window cling is all kinds of creative.
by One Time Through
These Spring art rainbows are another great activity for their fine motor skills. And it is all kinds of HAPPY!
by Mama of Many Blessings
This rainbow craft is an easy way for the kids to create a rainbow art project.
by KC Edventures
Rainbows in a jar are all kinds of fun and another great activity to develop kids fine motor skills.
by School Time Snippets
Kids love yarn wrapping projects as do adults. There are many fun ways to create a great rainbow craft with yarn.
This project is great for kids. They get to paint and create a textured rainbow using cereal. A few pieces might even get into their mouth before painting them. 🙂
St.Patrick's Day Craft Ideas
by Mess for Less
Watercolor paints can be so great for the kids. I love the way you can show kids to layer their painting and creating different colors and textures through watercolor. Adding the black glue and salt makes it that much better.
by B Inspired Mama
My kids really enjoy making mobiles. They are not just for baby rooms anymore. In the Spring our trees are filled with hanging mobiles. I cannot wait to have this rainbow mobile hanging.
by Buggy and Buddy
Dancing ribbon rings are another fun craft project for the Spring. The kids love the dancing ribbons and watching them in the wind.
Other Rainbow Craft Questions
Now that you have all kinds of rainbow crafts ready for you to make, here are a few questions you might have.
Many rainbow crafts can be made out of paper. Starting with markers and paper is always a fun place to start.
A fun simple rainbow can be created by placing a small mirror in a glass and then filling the glass with water. Place the glass near a window and then reflecting the sun onto a wall showing a rainbow.
A rainbow is colored light that comes from sunlight shining through water and bending.
Other Rainbow DIY and St. Patrick's Day Craft Projects You Might Enjoy
- Rainbow Punch Pinata - This rainbow pinata is awesome for any St. Patrick's Day party or Rainbow party
- LEPRECHAUN CRAFT – ST PATRICKS DAY CRAFT - Fun felt craft project that is perfect for the preschoolers and toddlers.
- Rainbow felt fortune cookies craft - My kids love making these to hand out at both the Chinese New Year as well as on Valentines Day. They would be great for a St. Patrick's Day celebration too
- St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Art - This is great for little hands. I have made this project with 1st graders and 2nd graders and both grades have so much fun creating the arty crafty kids piece.
- Rainbow Holiday GarlandWe love hanging this garland all year long. We have used it for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and St. Patrick's Day
- The Latest Craze - Rainbow LoomThe Rainbow Loom never seems to go out of style. My daughter brings it to everyone of her brother's baseball games and sits on the sidelines making bracelets with some of the other baseball siblings.
- Easy Easter Suncatcher Craft - These are fun of course during Easter, but they are great all year long with lots of different shapes.
- How to Build a Lazy Susan - We not only made a lazy susan, but we made a Rainbow Lazy Susan that sits at our house and is used all year long.
- These 15+ Fun Lego Crafts are some great DIY Lego crafts that are fun for the whole family. Grab some lego bricks and let their creativity run wild.
Some St. Patrick's Day Treats Your Kids Might Enjoy
- Rainbow Popcorn - A kid favorite all year long, but always popular as a St. Patrick's Day Treat
- These St. Patricks Day Treats – Leprechaun Hat Cookies are all kinds of fun and a great to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day!
- Rainbow Edible Crayons - Another favorite of my kids. These edible crayons are fun and colorful.
- The Best Rainbow Rice Crispy Treats - Voted The best rice crispy treat of all times by my children. It is locally world famous for sure!
- Rainbow Seeds and Happy St Patrick's Day PrintablesThese are a super fun way for the kids to give their friends a little treat and wishing them HAPPY St. Patrick's Day!
- The Best Ice Cream Sandwich with Rainbow Rice Crispy Treats - Rainbow Rice Crispy Treat Ice Cream Sandwiches are what all the sweet taste buds are made of.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!