I love a good, easy, and colorful art project for kids. I also love rainbows. So why not combine them! This Rainbow Circle Watercolor Art is a great activity for kids to practice color recognition and fine motor skills. Painting with watercolors is also super fun and always a big hit at our house. We recently made these Rainbow Name crafts and have been wanting to do more with rainbows. So let's get into the fun!
Rainbow Circle Watercolor Art
- White sheet (you can use my circle template below)
- Black Sharpie
- A circle shape or something round to trace
- Card stock in the color of choice
How to Make the Watercolor Art
- First, take your white sheet of paper (I suggest card stock so it's sturdier) and trace circles using your black sharpie. You can make your circles any size and make as many or as little as you'd like. For younger kids try making bigger and fewer circles to make it easier for them. You can make it a little more challenging for older kids or adults with lots of smaller circles.
- Set up your watercolors and start painting your circles. The idea is to paint the areas where the shapes overlap so each circle is made up of different colors. Create your own patterns or follow the rainbow pattern.
- Let dry and glue to bigger card stock to frame it.
- Hang up and enjoy your art!
My favorite part about this craft is it can be a real art masterpiece in your home. Take it up a notch and use a real canvas and paint! Apply the same idea and you can make a really stunning art piece everyone will love.
Looking for more kids crafts? Check out this Earth Day Paper Globe Craft!
If you don't want to draw your own circles I've got you covered! I created a template for you to use.
Download Your Free Circle Template
For personal use only.
Other Art Projects For Kids You'll Enjoy
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
RAINBOW WATERCOLOR PROJECTS FOR KIDS
PIN IT TO YOUR DIY BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADE WITH HAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!