Looking for a fun treat for the kids for St. Patrick’s Day? Then these rainbow edible crayons are fun, easy to make and all kinds of HAPPY.
I made our fun Edible Rainbow Crayons with printable wraps.
This past weekend, the husband and I were taking a walk and talking about the next month and we brought up St. Patrick’s Day. He proclaimed how much he enjoyed St. Patrick’s Day. Was it the Rainbows I asked? No, mostly the green colored food and drinks!
That got me thinking about all the different foods and drinks I have had for St. Patrick’s Day. We put together a list of 25+ Easy St. Patrick’s Day Snacks and Drinks that will share everything from THE BEST RAINBOW RICE KRISPIE TREATS to RAINBOW EDIBLE CRAYONS
Be sure to check out the 100 more printables for kids like this HAPPY one.
Whether you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day for the religious aspect or not, we have fully embarrassed the rainbow loving holiday around our house and made these super simple treats for the kids to take to school in their lunches.
I made a homemade version of these quite a few years ago now.
I decided this year, we needed a fun update and I created two fun printables making it that much easier for you all to make these for yourself.
They really are so cute and so easy to make.
I love the idea of making a large batch and have the kids bring them to their friends or classmates on St. Patrick’s Day!
Here is how you make them.
Edible Crayon Ingredients:
- pretzel rods
- chocolate candy melts
- wax paper
- free printable crayon wrappers – Grab below
- double sided tape
How to make Crayons You can Eat:
Melt your chocolate either in the microwave or over the double boiler.
Line 6-8 pretzel sticks next to each other on a cutting board and all at once cut them in half. This ensures your “crayon set” are all similar lengths.
Dip each end of the half pretzel into the chocolate and then place on the wax paper to harden. To speed up the process, you can place them into the freezer for a few minutes.
Cut out your printable crayon wrappers. Wrap each pretzel stick with a different colored wrapper and use the two sided tape to make it stick together.
Place them in a baggie to serve. We also like to add some rollos in the baggie for the gold at the end of the rainbow!
GRAB THE EDIBLE CRAYON PRINTABLES BELOW
Other Rainbow DIY and St. Patrick’s Day Craft Projects You Might Enjoy
- Free Printable St. Patricks Coloring Pages – Leprechauns, Rainbows, and Pots of Gold all make for super fun St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages for kids.
- These St. Patricks Day Treats – Leprechaun Hat Cookies are all kinds of fun and a great to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day!
- Rainbow Punch Pinata – This rainbow pinata is awesome for any St. Patrick’s Day party or Rainbow party
- LEPRECHAUN CRAFT – ST PATRICKS DAY CRAFT – Fun felt craft project that is perfect for the preschoolers and toddlers.
- Rainbow felt fortune cookies craft – My kids love making these to hand out at both the Chinese New Year as well as on Valentines Day. They would be great for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration too
- St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Art – This is great for little hands. I have made this project with 1st graders and 2nd graders and both grades have so much fun creating the art piece.
- Rainbow Holiday GarlandWe love hanging this garland all year long. We have used it for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and St. Patrick’s Day
- The Latest Craze – Rainbow LoomThe Rainbow Loom never seems to go out of style. My daughter brings it to everyone of her brother’s baseball games and sits on the sidelines making bracelets with some of the other baseball siblings.
- Easy Easter Suncatcher Craft – These are fun of course during Easter, but they are great all year long with lots of different shapes.
- How to Build a Lazy Susan – We not only made a lazy susan, but we made a Rainbow Lazy Susan that sits at our house and is used all year long.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g