These sweet felt leprechaun hats are a fun St. Patricks Day craft. Preschoolers and Toddlers love this Leprechaun craft.
St.Patrick’s Day is a fun holiday for kids to celebrate. We love the idea of celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with crafts for kids with leprechauns, four leaf clovers, pot of golds and our absolute favorite, Rainbows!
Do not miss our 15+ Rainbow Crafts for Kids!
St. Paddy’s Day is a Irish cultural celebration on March 17th. It was originally a celebration of Ireland’s patron saints, St. Patrick who was from fifth century. Today it is celebrated in countries with Irish descendants.
Supplies Needed for St. Patrick’s Day Craft
These leprechaun hats are fun and so easy to make. No need for added supplies of paper plates, toilet paper rolls, googly eyes or paper bags.
How to Make These Leprechaun Hats
- Begin by cutting out the shape of your leprechaun hat. To create an evenly shaped hat, fold the light green felt in half.Then, cut out half of your hat shape by snipping an L shape into the fabric. When you unfold it, you will have the perfect hat. Trim to shape.
- Cut out a thin strip of orange crafting felt.
- Glue it across the hat like a band. Trim any extra felt. Hold in place until dry and secure.
- Cut out some small green circles to create a mini clover on the band.
- Add some glue and glue in place near the corner of the hat. Hold in place until secure.
- Once you have your decorative strips and clovers in place, your felt leprechaun hats are ready to be displayed.
- You can add an extra strip to the back of them and use them as finger puppets or glue some magnets on the back and add them to the fridge!
You can also make these out of some themed leprechaun paper in the case you do not have felt.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!