We love sharing how to build a lazy susan with this modern rainbow DIY!
This simple tutorial on how to build a lazy susan will make you wonder why you have not had one on your dining room table always.
Who had a Lazy susan in their house growing up? We did and I have fond memories of it filled with napkins, salt, pepper, celery salt (it was big at our house), and maybe hot sauce. It wasn’t very big, but man did I love spinning that thing around to grab the salt or just for fun.
For those that may be following @madewithhappy on Instagram, know that we recently renovated our kitchen. To the surprise of many that know my love of color, we created an all white kitchen. I’ve gotten so many laughs and comments about how they never thought I’d have an all white kitchen. What I then explain is that an all white pallet leaves room for pops of color throughout, like a bright rainbow Lazy Susan! 🙂
My family recently sat down to dinner and if your kids are anything like my kids, passing things around the table is a struggle. Sometimes its too heavy, too hot, or just easier to get up and get it yourself. I decided that my family needed a Lazy Susan like we had back in the day.
I did what any good DIY’er would do and I made you this How to Build a Lazy Susan tutorial. FULL of color and beauty and cost less than twenty dollars.
What you need for DIY Lazy Susan
How to Make a Modern Turn Table
- Start with painting your base color on your table top board. I went with white.
- Once it dries, then using painters tape, tape off your pattern.
- Then paint your board in whatever fun pattern you like.
- Once the paint dries, flip the board over and attach your lazy susan hardware to the middle of the board.
- Set it on your dining room table and call it a day!
Other DIY Projects You Might Enjoy:
- DIY HERB GARDEN – This is a beautifully colorful take on your herb garden. It can be located indoors or outdoors and just what you have been looking for at your home.
- DIY POOL HEATERS – These are so easy to make and will warm your pool at a fraction of the cost the solar pool heaters are online.
- MADE WITH HAPPY TREEHOUSE – The most popular DIY project on Made with HAPPY is our Treehouse/Playhouse. It shares all the steps needed to create a fun and functional space for kids in your background.
- RAINBOW VERTICAL GARDEN This will brighten up any space that needs a little help.
- MODERN PICTURE DISPLAY – A simple way to display those pictures in a fun and natural way.
- MADE WITH HAPPY DOG HOUSE – If you enjoy the beauty of our treehouse, then you will love our dog house that has a barn door!
- MODERN PLANT STAND Another great DIY project that only cost a few dollars.
- MODERN FIREPLACE MAKEOVER – A bigger DIY project, but definitely worth the sweat equity. If you are looking to update your fireplace, then head over to this post.
- Easy DIY Yarn Wall Hang – If you are into modern wall hangings, then you will definitely want to start with this project.
- Rainbow Popsicle Shelf – This is a great DIY project for all ages. Simple supplies of craft sticks and glue and you have yourself a fun shelf!
- DIY CHARGING STATION – This is the best organization project for those of us with all the cords. Its clean and sleak and easy to make.
- HOW TO MAKE TWIG PENCILS – These are such a fun project. Take twigs from your yard and turn them into pencils.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
HOW TO BUILD A LAZY SUSAN
PIN IT TO YOUR DIY BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADEWITHHAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!
Modern Popsicle Stick Shelf