These DIY pool heaters are easy and inexpensive swimming pool heaters that only cost a few dollars and are great solar collectors.
Looking for a solar pool heating system to heat the pool, for a few dollars, why not try these DIY Pool Heaters.
If you love DIY's like this one as much as we do, then you will not want to miss our other popular DIY projects including: DIY Charging Station, Firewood Stand DIY, DIY Kids Treehouse, and How to Make Outdoor Easel.
We have had the craziest weather here in San Diego this spring and start to Summer. It has been rainy, drizzly, overcast and I can count on one hand the number of days we've had full sun. It is throwing our Summer fun off for sure. Especially since we do not own a pool water heater for our in ground pool.
The pool water has been chilly and so we started looking at different swimming pool heater options. There are different pool warmer options that you can purchase, but they are very expensive. After taking a look at a few different ones, I knew we could make our own Summer DIY for just a few dollars.
Benefits of Making Your Own Solar Pool Heater
- While shopping the internet, I found that the cheapest ones were just under a hundred dollars each. Hard to justify that cost when you would need 3-9 depending on your pool size
- Anyone that has a pool, knows that pool supplies, pool toys, and all other pool accessories aren't the most reliable. Knowing that you're making it for a few dollars verses paying a gazillions eases the mind about the reliability
What You Need to Make DIY Pool Heaters:
That is what I love about this project. I bought all the supplies at my local dollar store. Here is a list of the supplies needed for this project.
Here is a quick video showing how can build my own solar pool heater?
How to Make DIY Solar Pool Heaters
Place the hula hoop inside the garden bag
Gather the excess bag around the outside of the hula hoop
Using the duct tape, tape the excess bag around the hula hoop
Cut your pool noodle in half, then in half again.
Cut along the side of the noodle pieces into the middle giving a slit for the noodle to fit around the hula hoop.
Make as many solar panels as you can and get those babies into your pool. You will see the pool temperature go up and it will be like your secrete heating system and water temperature throughout the pool.
Other DIY Projects You Might Enjoy:
- DIY HERB GARDEN – This is a beautifully colorful take on your herb garden. It can be located indoors or outdoors and just what you have been looking for at your home.
- RAINBOW VERTICAL GARDEN This will brighten up any space that needs a little help.
- MODERN PICTURE DISPLAY – A simple way to display those pictures in a fun and natural way.
- MADE WITH HAPPY DOG HOUSE – If you enjoy the beauty of our treehouse, then you will love our dog house that has a barn door!
- MODERN PLANT STAND Another great DIY project that only cost a few dollars.
- MODERN FIREPLACE MAKEOVER – A bigger DIY project, but definitely worth the sweat equity. If you are looking to update your fireplace, then head over to this post.
- Rainbow Popsicle Shelf – This is a great DIY project for all ages. Simple supplies of craft sticks and glue and you have yourself a fun shelf!
- HOW TO MAKE TWIG PENCILS – These are such a fun project. Take twigs from your yard and turn them into pencils.
- Scissors or Xacto Knife
- Place the hula hoop inside the garden bag
- Gather the excess bag around the outside of the hula hoop
- Using the duct tape, tape the excess bag around the hula hoop
- Cut your pool noodle in half, then in half again.
- Cut along the side of the noodle pieces into the middle giving a slit for the noodle to fit around the hula hoop.
- Place around the outside of hula hoop
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!