We love the idea of a paper lantern DIY throughout the year, but especially during the 4th of July as its a fun kids craft they can hang outside.
Hello friends! I can’t hardly believe it, but the 4th of July is just around the corner. Have I ever mentioned that is one of my favorite holidays of ALL TIMES?
I love parades, I love my country, I love flags AND it happens to fall one week before my birthday every year, so that makes it that much more RAD. In any case, I joined up with a ton of other creative ladies and we’re all bringing together some fun
4th of July Foods, Crafts and Party Decorations
Its no secret I have a love affair with paper and parties and so I though I’d share with you the fun, festive way to make these Red, White and Blue Paper Lanterns!
You can find all the supplies at the dollar store and are super fun for the kids to make. Here’s how you do it.
Paper Lantern Supplies
- Red, White and Blue Construction Paper
- Decorative tapes
- Crepe paper
How to Make a DIY Paper Lantern
You start out by folding a piece of paper in half. Then using your scissors, make cuts to the paper at the folded seam.
Unfold and roll ends into a tube shape. Using tape, tape your ends together.
Red, White and Blue Crafts
As long as the kids are old enough to use scissors, then they should be able to make these. For those that are too young, this is a good time to let them at the lanterns to decorate with tape or drawings. We fringed a piece of crepe paper and attached it to the end of the lantern along with ribbon.
Lastly, using the scissors or a hole punch, make a hole at the top of your lanterns to hang with twine or ribbon. From here, you can hang your lanterns on a longer piece of ribbon across the patio or room.
Happy Crafting and HAPPY 4th of JULY!
Other Paper Crafts You Might Enjoy
- Celebrate the Chinese New Year with this super fun and easy giant paper lantern DIY tutorial
- These super fun paper weaving are a great paper craft for kids of all ages. They can be made with two pieces of paper, a pencil and scissors.
- This 3D Paper Cactus Craft is so much fun to create. These paper cacti are an easy paper craft for kids that make for a fabulous homemade gift.
- Fun wind sock craft made from a few simple supplies. Learn with the kids how to make a windsock with colorful paper and some simple craft supplies.
- Simple rainbow crafts for kindergartners, rainbow crafts for preschoolers or even lower grade elementary school kids.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!