We love the idea of a paper lantern DIY throughout the year, but especially during the 4th of July as it's a fun kid's craft they can hang outside.
This paper lantern DIY is a fun craft for kids all year long!
Get ready to brighten up your space with our delightful paper lantern DIY project! Perfect for adding a touch of whimsy and color to any room, these paper lanterns are easy and fun to make.
Whether you're celebrating a special occasion like Chinese New Year or simply looking for a creative craft to enjoy with friends and family, our paper lantern DIY is sure to spark joy. With just a few simple materials like colorful paper, scissors, and glue, you can create beautiful lanterns that will illuminate your home with warmth and charm.
Gather your crafting supplies and let's dive into this exciting DIY adventure together!
DIY Paper Lanterns
Want to save this project?
Enter your email below, and then we'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus get awesome new projects from us each week.
Get ready to add some festive flair to your Chinese New Year celebrations with our DIY paper lanterns! These charming lanterns are a perfect way to brighten up your home and get into the spirit of the holiday.
With just a few simple materials like colorful paper, scissors, and glue, you can create your own personalized lanterns that will bring joy and warmth to your festivities.
Whether you're crafting with friends and family or enjoying some solo crafting time, our DIY paper lanterns are sure to be a hit. Light up your space and let the celebrations begin with these delightful lanterns that capture the essence of the Chinese New Year!
Hello friends! I can hardly believe it, but the 4th of July is just around the corner. Have I ever mentioned that the fourth is one of my favorite holidays of ALL TIMES?
I love parades, I love my country, I love flags AND it happens to fall one week before my birthday every year, so that makes it that much more RAD.
In any case, I joined up with a ton of other creative ladies and we're all bringing together some fun
4th of July Foods, Crafts, and Party Decorations
It's no secret I have a love affair with paper crafts and parties so I thought I'd share with you the fun, festive way to make these Red, White, and Blue Paper Lanterns!
You can find all the supplies at the dollar store and are super fun for the kids to make. Here's how you do it.
Paper Lantern Supplies
How to Make a DIY Paper Lantern
You start out by folding a piece of paper in half. Then using your scissors, make cuts to the paper at the folded seam.
Unfold and roll ends into a tube shape. Using tape, tape your ends together.
As long as the kids are old enough to use scissors, then they should be able to make these. For those that are too young, this is a good time to let them at the lanterns to decorate with tape or drawings. We fringed a piece of crepe paper and attached it to the end of the lantern along with a ribbon.
Lastly, using the scissors or a hole punch, make a hole at the top of your lanterns to hang with twine or ribbon. From here, you can hang your lanterns on a longer piece of ribbon across the patio or room.
Happy Crafting and HAPPY 4th of JULY!
Other 4th of July Crafts You Might Enjoy
- These fun 4th of July Printables are great printable activities for Independence Day. These patriotic printables have a maze, coloring pages, and more.
- Celebrate Independence Day with this super fun 4th of July Pinata. Filled with patriotic party favors, this American flag pinata is fun for the whole family.
- Do not miss out on these printable 4th of July coloring pages! Not only are they great coloring sheets but they are really HAPPY coloring pages too.
- When it comes to parties, I’m kind of kookoo for Garlands. It can easily add color and flare to any festivities especially the 4th of July! We're showing how to make fun crafting para cord and turn it into a patriotic party garland.
- Bring the magic of Chinese New Year to life with our colorful Dragon Puppet, perfect for storytelling and imaginative play.
- Get creative and make your own Fortune Cookies Craft to share messages of good luck and positivity with friends and family during the Chinese New Year.
- Decorate your home with these charming handmade Good Luck Ornaments, symbolizing good fortune and prosperity for the coming year.
- Join the festivities with a DIY Chinese New Year Drum, adding rhythm and excitement to your celebrations with every beat.
Other Paper Crafts You Might Enjoy
- Fun wind sock craft made from a few simple supplies. Learn with the kids how to make a windsock with colorful paper and some simple craft supplies.
- Simple rainbow crafts for kindergartners, rainbow crafts for preschoolers, or even lower-grade elementary school kids.
- Turn those pieces of paper into a fun paper crown.
- Red, White and Blue Construction Paper
- Decorative tapes
- Crepe paper
- You start out by folding a piece of paper in half. Then using your scissors, make cuts to the paper at the folded seam.
- Unfold and roll ends into a tube shape. Using tape, tape your ends together.
- For those that are too young, this is a good time to let them at the lanterns to decorate with tape or drawings.
- We fringed a piece of crepe paper and attached it to the end of the lantern along with ribbon.
- Lastly, using the scissors or a hole punch, make a hole at the top of your lanterns to hang with twine or ribbon. From here, you can hang your lanterns on a longer piece of ribbon across the patio or room.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products on my Amazon storefront here!