Engage in delightful creativity with the Sunflower Craft with Paper Plates for kids of all ages, a perfect DIY activity capturing the beauty of sunflowers.
These sweet paper plate sunflower crafts are
Hey there, sunshine crafters! Are you ready to add a little bloom and brightness to your day? If you're a fan of all things sunny and cheerful, I have an amazingly fun craft idea for you -Paper Plate Sunflower Craft! This easy craft is suitable for kids of all ages and a perfect way to boost your family-bonding time.
Ready to learn more? Here we go:
Want to save this project?
Enter your email below, and then we'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus get awesome new projects from us each week.
Why Make This Paper Plate Sunflower Craft
I love paper plate crafts because they aren't as messy as painting crafts or clay-based projects. Plus, it's a great way to practice fine motor skills with young children who are still learning how to use scissors or twist pipe cleaners.
What's more, crafting helps children explore their creativity and develop problem-solving skills. Besides that, this craft always results in adorable sunflowers that you can use in so many ways. Find more on it below.
Check Out These Other Paper Plate Crafts!
Ways to Use Adorable Paper Plate Sunflowers
The bright yellow sunflowers look great. It means there are a ton of ways to use them, from gifting purposes to home decor. Let's check out some ideas below:
- Gift them to teachers as a "You're the Best" gift.
- Use them to decorate a room for spring/summertime.
- Make a summery bouquet to brighten up your home!
- Teach older kids about the life cycle of the plant.
- Celebrate yellow week and use the sunflowers to make it special.
- Let kids practice counting skills by attaching a number to each of the petals.
Check Out These Other Sunflower Crafts!
Decorating the Easy Sunflower Craft
If you want your kid to do more than just painting the paper plate yellow and the center of the flower black, here are some ideas:
- Use bubble wrap to add texture and dimension
- Glue real sunflower seeds in the center of the flower
- Add stickers, sequins, glitter, or gems for extra bling
- Paint in different shades of yellow for an ombre touch
You can also use different materials to make different pieces of the sunflower. Here are some options:
- Yellow tissue paper for the sunflower petals
- Pipe cleaners for stems
- Pop poms for the center
Don't miss our other Flower Crafts including Paper Flowers, Flower Coloring Pages, and Flower Easy Drawing
How to Use the Leftover Supplies
Take the opportunity to teach your kids the importance of minimizing waste. Teach them about recycling simple supplies like cardboard, paper, or plastic into something new and fun.
For instance, you can use the leftover yellow tissue paper to make a bee craft - cut it into thin strips and use craft glue to make them in a 'v' shape as wings! Some other ideas include:
- Use strips of green paper to make caterpillars with googly eyes
- Attach craft sticks to make ladybugs
- Make a kite out of the paper plate and pipe cleaners
- Use craft sticks to create mini puppets
And there you have it! Have fun crafting your sunflowers with your little ones. And don't forget to take pictures so that you can look back at them in the future.
You'll also find step-by-step instructions for this simple flower craft at the end of this post. I've also attached a quick video for your ease.
Supplies For Sunflower Craft with Paper Plates
- Paper Plate
- Yellow Paint
- Brown Paint
- Paint Brush
- Craft Glue
- Craft Scissors
How To Make Paper Plate Sunflower Craft
Grab a paper plate, and cut out small triangles at a slight diagonal out of the outer rim of the paper plate. Continue around the outside of the paper plate.
Next, paint the front of the paper plate with yellow paint.
Cut a smaller circle out of the second paper plate middle.
Paint the smaller circle brown.
The last step is to glue the brown circle to the middle of the paper plate flowers. Viola, an adorable paper plate sunflower!
*An optional final step would be to glue sunflower seeds to the brown center of the paper sunflowers.
Other Easy Kids Crafts
- Craft Scissors
- Paint Brush
- Grab a paper plate, and cut out small triangles at a slight diagonal out of the outer rim of the paper plate. Continue around the outside of the paper plate.
- Next, paint the front of the paper plate with yellow paint.
- Cut a smaller circle out of the second paper plate middle.
- Paint the smaller circle brown.
- The last step is to glue the brown circle to the middle of the paper plate flowers. Viola, an adorable paper plate sunflower!
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products on my Amazon storefront here!
SUNFLOWER CRAFT WITH PAPER PLATES
PIN IT TO YOUR DIY BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADE WITH HAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!