We're sharing our top 5 reason why and how to rent an rv and why it is the way to go for your next family camping adventure.
Those that know us, know that we are a family on the go. We love to travel and are all about family adventure. There are so many different ways to travel. Some of our favorite travels by...
- Plane (Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, and Walt Disney World )
- Boat (Walt Disney Cruise)
- Car (Phoenix Road Trip, Indian Wells, and San Diego Gaslamp)
There are of course a bazillion other ways to travel and adventure as a family but one that we have not talked a ton about here (and that is going to change) is camping. Camping is seriously one of my all time favorite family adventures. We did some growing up, but its a big one for our family now.
Each of my children is part of the Adventure Guide Tribe through the Y and so my husband takes them each tent camping almost every month. While I do love tent camping, I am not going to lie... my Mama bod can only take it for a few days at a time. Where there are some great adventures to be had is in an RV and/or Motor Home.
Benefits of RV Camping
- Sleep - There is no comparison sleeping in a bed rather than on the ground in a tent. 🙂
- Kitchen - There is a place to cook in the case you can't make a fire or don't have access to a BBQ.
- Comfort - Its warm when you need warmth and cool when you need shade from the sun.
- Convenience - Having all your things in one place even if you are not in one place. No packing and unpacking the suitcase each stop.
- Possibilities - There are many places (National Parks, beaches, and off the beaten path) where there aren't any hotels. This opens you up to so many possibilities where you can park and adventure.
While we know all the awesomness around RV Camping, there are still quite a few hangups for us to own one ourselves. We prefer motor home rentals over owning and this is why.
Top 5 Reasons to Rent an RV
- Cost - Purchasing a motor home, camping trailer, pop up trailer or fifth wheel can be quite pricey. I read an article that stated that camping trailers that you pull behind your truck average about $20,000, fifth wheels (or travel trailers) average around $40,000 and motor homes are averaging around $100,000. Yeah, you have to be committed to using that baby at a cost like that! Renting an RV through a trusted company like RVshare, you're looking at an average RV rental costs of $130-$150 a night depending on where you are going.
- Storage - If you buy it you have to store it and while some of you might have space at your home, that just isn't the case in our neighborhoods. We would have to find a storage space in the area that then runs you an additional monthly fee to store it there. Renting an RV, the only storage your need is your campsites along your journey.
- Open Travel - I have a number of friends that have purchased an RV that feel like any free weekend or opportunity to travel, they end up camping in order to get their moneys worth. If you are able to RVshare, then it opens up your travel plans to more what you want.
- Try it out - Hey, maybe being an RV owner is something you are considering. A camping trailer rental lets your try it out before you buy. Always a good idea before a big purchase.
- Convenience - Roadtrips are an awesome way to see the country, but trying to find safe and comfy hotels along the way can be tricky. Loading and unloading your suitcases, food, and bikes or anything else can be a drag. The convenience of renting an RV for your roadtrip gives you the piece of mind of knowing who's slept in your sheets last and not having the hassle of lugging all your things in and out of different places. WIN WIN!
How to rent an RV
Check out RVshare for your next road trip, camping trip, grand adventure and I promise you won't be disappointed!
They have lots of different rental options through out the United States. They are a rv rental company that connecting you to RV owners based on your wants and needs.
We recently had a camping trailer rental for a weekend camping trip and we absolutely loved it. All the joys of camping, but with comfy beds and a table to play cards on. Camping trailer rental at its finest!
Some of our Camping Favorite Posts
- CAMPFIRE NACHOS
- ICE CREAM IN A BAG
- CAMPING KIDS CRAFTS
- GOOEY TUBES
- WASHING CLOTHES WHILE CAMPING
- MINI S’MORE PIE RECIPE
- NOT YOUR TYPICAL CAMPING FEAST!
- PAPER WIND SOCK CRAFT TUTORIAL
- COLOR SCAVENGER HUNT FOR KIDS – FREE PRINTABLE
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products on my Amazon storefront here!