With Valentines Day about 5 days away, we’re in the final stretch of finishing up the kids Valentines to take to their respective schools. Made with HAPPY Boy is at daycare/preschool where the age of the kids range and so I was hesitant to send him with candy or something like that. For him we decided it would be fun to give each of the kids a
How to make a Birdseed Heart
They are simple to make and the kids have a great time mixing together! Plus everyone will love watching them hang in the tree and attract local birds.
Okay, here’s what you need.
- 4 cups bird seed
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatine
- string or twine
- wax paper
- heart shaped cookie cutter
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix till fully combined.Using a spoon or your hands, pack the birdseed mixture into the cookie cutter. Lay onto a piece of wax paper.Using the straw poke a hole towards the top so that once it hardens you can hang it.Repeat till you’ve made enough for your class or the birdseed is used up. Let dry overnight.
I’ve created a fun little FREE printable to go along with your birdseed heart and you can download by entering your email below.
Once its dried, viola you have yourself the cutest little non-candy valentines.
Other Valentines Day Printables You MIght Enjoy
- Our free dragonfly preschool Valentines Printables are great for those that are looking for easy, fun and budget friendly.
- The kids will have all kinds of games and coloring fun with these Happy Valentines Day Coloring Sheets
- Valentines Day Food Pun Bookmarks
- Your Friendship Blows Me Away – Bubble Valentines
- Valentines Cards with Pencils
- Yo-Yo Valentines
- Gumball Valentines
- Play Doh Valentines
- Tsum Tsum Printable Valentines
- Homemade Marshmallow “You melt My Heart” Printable
- Twig Pencil Valentines
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick Valentines
- Rainbow Felt Fortune Cookies with Printable Fortune
- Sweetheart Flower DIY + Printable Tag