If you are anything like our family, every year we start the search for great kids valentines ideas and then it isn't till the night before, that we have nothing. With a quick trip to the dollar store, or even the party aisle at walmart, we came up with two really cute Yo-Yo Valentines Ideas.
We thought this year would be so much fun to incorporate my son's favorite new (old) toy, the Yo-Yo.
The three things I look for and guide my children through when picking their kid valentine idea are as follows.
- Its cost efficient? There are plenty of times my kids want to give each of their classmates fidget cubes. When each cube cost 5-10 dollars, I explain that multiplying that by 25 is just not realistic.
- Is it something that will appeal to both girls and boys? While I love me a cute princess crown or army soldier toy, its good to remember that some kids may not love the same toys as you, so coming up with multiple options is nice.
- That the size is realistic. My son asked me if he could hand out large stuffed animal snakes to each of his friends. While those are fun, they are large and probably not realistic bringing the whole class one each.
We found these fun Yo-Yos at our favorite the dollar store, and being oh so indecisive, I created two different printables for you. The first of the two is the XOX which is OH SO Cute because I LOVE hugs and kisses. You can get that printable below.
Once you have printed your Valentines card, its time to cute a hole in the middle.
I used my 1 inch circle punch for the middle.Lightly fold your card in half long ways, making sure to not make a crease across the entire valentines. then slip your 1 inch circle punch in there and cut half the circle.It will provide you will a great hole to start. Then using your scissors, cut a slit around the circle moving out about a centimeter. I make the cuts like a pizza. One at the top and the bottom and the left and the right. Then between the top and right and top and left and then the same on the bottom. That will provide you enough room to slip the Yo-Yo in and then give it some paper to hold onto and not slip out.
The same method with the circle punch is used for the second Yo-Yo Valentines Printable, the Yo Yo Yo Be My Valentines? You can get to the printable by simply entering your email below and you'll be taken right to it.
- Cut out the Valentines
- Punch the hole in the middle
- Cut slits out of the hole like a spokes
- Attach your Yo-Yo
Write your name and BOOM, you are done.
KID VALENTINES IDEA
PIN IT TO YOUR VALENTINES BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADEWITHHAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!
Other free printable valentine cards
- The kids will have all kinds of games and coloring fun with these Happy Valentines Day Coloring Sheets
- Our free dragonfly preschool Valentines Printables are great for those that are looking for easy, fun and budget friendly.
- Valentines Day Food Pun Bookmarks
- Valentines Cards with Pencils
- Bubble Valentine Printable
- Gumball Valentines
- Play Doh Valentines
- Tsum Tsum Printable Valentines
- Birdseed Heart Valentines
- Homemade Marshmallow “You melt My Heart” Printable
- Twig Pencil Valentines
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick Valentines
- Rainbow Felt Fortune Cookies with Printable Fortune
- Sweetheart Flower DIY + Printable Tag
Some other Valentines Printable Favorites