Looking for non candy valentines, we have your little ones covered with these super cute Play Doh Valentines.
These play doh Valentines are cute, fun and free.
Printable Valentines cards are some of our favorite things to make. Some of our most popular include: Bubble Valentines, Birdseed Heart Valentines, DIY Gumball Valentines, and our Valentines Card with Pencil.
This year, our school has gone completely off sweets or treats as part of celebrations. Whether the kids are celebrate birthdays or holidays, no cupcakes, candies, etc.
I was a bit annoyed at first, but the more I have thought about it, I am thankful to not have my children eating extra sugar I did not know about. This new ban means all non-candy options Valentines Day Cards cute ideas this year.
Making Play Doh Valentines
The kids and I headed to the dollar store, and there we found lots of fun options to give as Valentines, and my youngest asked if he could hand out play doh. They comes in packs of 4-6 at the dollar store, or I found this sweet deal for a 24 pack!
When we got home, I went to work to create a fun play doh valentine printable, and came up with this cutie little number.
All you need for these fun Play Doh Valentines are below.
Play doh has been making its come back with the older kids too. With the squishies and all the fidgets, the kids enjoy keeping their hands busy. There is even a National Play Doh Day!
Play Doh Valentines Printables
Once you’ve printed the printable, cut each of the cards out.
I then used the 2 inch hole punch to cut a hole in the middle.
One way to make sure the hole is in the middle of the card, is to lightly fold the card in the middle and place the hole punch in and cut half the circle. Then when you pull it out, its a full circle.
From here, depending on the size of your play doh, you can make small slits in the around the circle to accommodate the larger tube.
Download Your Free Play Doh Valentines Printable
Additional Questions About Play Doh
Now that you are ready to make your Play Dough Valentines, here are a few questions you might have about Play Doh/Play Dough.
It is my understanding that both word work when talking about the modeling clay used by children. Play-Doh is the brand name that first came out with the product, but playdough or play dough is the homemade or name of the other brands of the similar product.
We have you covered in the case you want to make your own play dough. It can be made with just a few ingredients that you have at home already.
Generally, it is not recommended to eat Play Doh. Eating of any clay can cause choking. If a small amount is eaten, I do not think it would be the cause for much harm. I would definitely check with a doctor though.
Other Valentines Printables you Might Enjoy
- Happy Valentines Day Coloring Sheets
- Food Pun Bookmarks
- Free dragonfly preschool Valentines Printables.
- Valentines Cards with Pencils
- Yo-Yo Valentines
- Tsum Tsum Printable Valentines
- Homemade Marshmallow “You melt My Heart” Printable
- Twig Pencil Valentines
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick Valentines
- Rainbow Felt Fortune Cookies with Printable Fortune
- Sweetheart Flower DIY + Printable Tag
- Play Dough
- 2-in Circle Punch
- Once you’ve printed the printable, cut each of the cards out.
- I then used the 2 inch hole punch to cut a hole in the middle. One way to make sure the hole is in the middle of the card, is to lightly fold the card in the middle and place the hole punch in and cut half the circle. Then when you pull it out, its a full circle.
- From here, depending on the size of your play doh, you can make small slits in the around the circle to accommodate the larger tube.
- Have your children sign their name and they are ready to be handed out!