With just two simple ingredients, DIY silly putty is fun to make. Who needs to make slime when you can make DIY Silly Putty
For those that have elementary age children, then you are probably well aware of the slime craze that has taken over.
Well we're bringing back one of our kids favorites, silly putty. Added bonus is that it only takes two ingredients that you most likely have at your house right now!
Dawn soap holds a special place in my heart. They do so much good for wildlife preservation through organization like International Bird Rescue, Marine Mammal Center, and so much more. They help so much with our wildlife, I highly encourage you to get involved. I've even laid out different ways for you to get involved here. By simply purchasing dawn, you are helping in saving lives and to me, that is more than enough reason to always buy Dawn.
Okay, I'll get off my "soap box." bahahahaha... get it? Tehehehe... Okay, back to silly putty!
Do not miss our 15+ CRAFTS AND ACTIVITIES FOR BORED KIDS for other fun crafts like this one!
Homemade Silly Putty
You can simply mix these two ingedients together and get some putty fun. Of course adding a bit of food coloring makes it fun too. Here is how you do it!
- Corn Starch
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Food Coloring (optional)
How to Make Silly Putty
Grab a small bowl
Add two tablespoons of corn starch.
We always have dawn dish soap on hand.
Add one and a half tablespoons of dish soap to the bowl.
Food coloring is optional. We like to make different colored silly putty.
Add 3 to 4 drops of food coloring to the bowl.
Using a spoon mix the ingredients together.
Once it starts to clump together grab it out of the bowl and kneed it together in your hands until it becomes silky and smooth.
Try different colors for added fun.
The kids will enjoy the feel and texture of playing with the silly putty.
Its not nearly as messy as slime, and it gives the little hands things to pull and play with.
I know there are a lot of kids into making slime these days. What I love about this DIY Silly Putty is that is just as fun as slime with only two ingredients. Who doesn't love that?
Other Kids Crafts You'll Love
- Popsicle Stick Bird Feeder
- Paper Wind Sock Craft Tutorial
- How to Make Puffy Paint with Sand
- Tooth Pillow Pouch
- How to Make a Paper Crown
- 1.5 tablespoons - Dawn dish soap
- 2 tablespoons - corn starch
- Grab a small bowl
- Add two tablespoons of corn starch.
- We always have dawn dish soap on hand.
- Add one and a half tablespoons of dish soap to the bowl.
- Food coloring is optional. We like to make different colored silly putty.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of food coloring to the bowl.
- Using a spoon mix the ingredients together.
- Once it starts to clump together grab it out of the bowl and kneed it together in your hands until it becomes silky and smooth.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
DIY SILLY PUTTY
FOLLOW MADE WITH HAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!