We are sharing a fun easy way to create a DIY Gumball machine with just a few supplies form your local dollar store.
There are so many fun Valentine option including this DIY Gumball Machine with free printable.
Hi friends, as I promised you last week, we’re busy creating all kinds of Valentines FUN. Today I’m joining a few of my friends to bring you a Virtual Valentines Party. Link Party that is! What that means is that not only the five of us sharing great Valentines themed crafts, but that we’re linking up lots of other valentines themed posts.
DIY Gumball Valentines
Gumball Machine Valentine Box
I’m sharing a fun Valentines that’s super simple, but tons of fun.
Simply removed the bottom of the ornament and draw an outline on the bottom of the cup. With an x-acto or scissors, remove the circle you just outlined.
Add your gumballs, or in my case, I used chocolate balls because not everyone in Made with HAPPY Girl’s class can chew gum yet. 🙂
Turn the cup upside down and slip over the hole you just cut out. Put the top of the ornament back on, and flip back over.
I then glued a red button and red “gumball” to the top of the ornament.
Viola… you have yourself a fun gumball valentines that is all kinds of HAPPY!
You can of course put small gumballs into the gumball machine, but small chocolate candies work or even small non-candy items like erasers and stickers.
The important thing to remember when filling the ornament, is to make sure the gumballs or candies you decide to fill it with are small enough to fit in the end.
This is a great question, especially when you are trying to hand these out to a classroom. You definitely want enough to make the DIY gumball machine to look like it is full, but you also do not want to break the bank with all the candies. My recommendation is to buy the smallest plastic ornaments you can find and the large bags of gumballs or candies.
Download Your Free Valentines Printable
I also created a FREE little printable that is sweet for the front of your gumball machine by signing up below
Other Valentines Printables that You Might Enjoy
- Our free dragonfly preschool Valentines Printables are great for those that are looking for easy, fun and budget friendly.
- The kids will have all kinds of games and coloring fun with these Happy Valentines Day Coloring Sheets
- Valentines Day Food Pun Bookmarks
- Your Friendship Blows Me Away – Bubble Valentines
- Valentines Cards with Pencils
- Yo-Yo Valentines
- Play Doh Valentines
- Tsum Tsum Printable Valentines
- Birdseed Heart Valentines
- Homemade Marshmallow “You melt My Heart” Printable
- Twig Pencil Valentines
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick Valentines
- Rainbow Felt Fortune Cookies with Printable Fortune
- Sweetheart Flower DIY + Printable Tag
- Paper Cups
- Clear Ornament
- X-acto Knife
- Simply removed the bottom of the ornament and draw an outline on the bottom of the cup. With an x-acto or scissors, remove the circle you just outlined.
- Add your gumballs, or in my case, I used chocolate balls because not everyone in Made with HAPPY Girl’s class can chew gum yet. 🙂
- Turn the cup upside down and slip over the hole you just cut out. Put the top of the ornament back on, and flip back over.
- I then glued a red button and red “gumball” to the top of the ornament.
DIY GUMBALL MACHINE
PIN IT TO YOUR VALENTINES BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADEWITHHAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT DIY IDEAS!
As promised, here are some other Valentines inspirations from a few of my friends!
DIY String Art Valentines Card | Artzy Creations
LOVE Letters | Albion Gould
Sock Monkey Coffee Cozy | Chaos & Love
I’ve Got Smooches Valentines | Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
DIY Gumball Valentines | Made with HAPPY