Make this Easy Valentine's Wreath Craft for Kids to celebrate Valentine's Day! The perfect activity for toddlers and preschoolers.
I love Valentine's Day! I know it's not a "real" holiday but it's so fun and I make a point to celebrate it with crafts, activities, and little gifts for my kids. Here's a super easy Valentine's Day wreath craft you can make with your kids in 10 minutes or less with materials you probably already have at home or can get for really cheap at the dollar store.
Easy Valentine Wreath Craft For Kids
I love a good ole simple craft and this wreath is no exception. It's perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, and kids who need to practice fine motor skills.
What you'll need
- Paper plate or card-stock (make sure it is paper material)
- Paint - we used a dotting marker from Dollar Tree
- Embellishments (stickers, glitter, paper)
- String or pipe cleaner
How to make it
- Cut out the center of your paper plate. If your child can use scissors unassisted, let them cut out the center of the plate on their own!
- Paint the wreath in color of your choice. This is optional but adds a nice touch!
- When paint dries, add embellishments. Really fill it up and have fun with it! We used foam stickers I've had in stock but you can find some at any craft store or dollar store. Or you can just cut up scraps of paper, tissue paper or anything you have on hand.
- Use a piece of string or pipe cleaner to make a loop. I just stapled the pipe cleaner to the back of the paper plate but you can use hot glue, tape or whatever you have on hand that will make it stick.
- Hang it up & enjoy!
If you're making class gifts check out my Free Printable Valentine Tags too!
Also, don't be afraid to use non-traditional Valentine's colors if that's what your child wants to do. Let them take the lead.
Isn't this so cute?! I love the simplicity of it for young kids and how how they can customize their wreaths how they like. Paper plate wreaths are always a huge hit with little ones because they can make the whole project on their own and feel really independent.
Looking for more easy Valentine ideas for kids? Check out these posts: