Are your kids as excited about Halloween as mine? We've decorated the house, purchased pumpkins, taken hay rides, and made it through a corn labyrinth! We've even got steel cut oats and with pumpkin in the slow cooker for tomorrow's breakfast. We love fall and all the colors, flavors, and activities that come with it.
Yesterday we spent an hour reading/crafting/eating to celebrate one of our favorite holidays. We love Inside a House that is Haunted by Alyssa Capucilli. My oldest has had this one memorized since he was 2. It's a fun read to really get you in the spirit.
And you probably have guessed by now that we love hand print crafts! Anything to get messy, right?
- black paint (or stamp pad)
- orange or yellow paper
- wiggly eyes, glue
- silver sharpie (or glitter glue)
- mini hands
- Get your web design on paper first if you're using sharpie, or last if you're using the glitter glue.
- paint only 4 fingers and palm of one mini hand and stamp (remember spiders only have 8 legs!)
- Rotate paper and apply more paint to same hand and stamp (why get both dirty?)
- Add wiggly eyes.
- Follow it up with Jack-O-Lantern Quesadillas…..Boo!
Here's sister's (we tried glitter glue with hers)