If you’re anything like me, you get bored with your surroundings quickly and are constantly wanting to rearrange furniture, re-paint, and swap out decorations. Spring is probably my favorite season to decorate for, because it’s bright, colorful, and HAPPY. See what I did there? Okay, let’s get into it…
10 Ways to Get Your House Ready for Spring
1. White: all white everything is becoming a beautiful trend when it comes to home interior. White walls, ceilings, curtain, furniture, everything! It adds a brightness to any room that no other color can. Plus it gives that super clean and crisp look!
2. Flowers: okay this one is super obvious but also, easy. Flowers add that touch of life to any room and for spring, pink or yellow looks great! Fake or real, flowers will add that little extra something to your home. And get creative with what you put them in!
3. Paint block your utensils: this is super fun and easy and you can turn any boring utensil into something bright and colorful! Simply place a piece of tape where you’d like your color to start (about halfway down the handle look good!) and paint the bottom half!
4. Pillows: add pops of color to a boring room by switching out the throw pillows for vibrant ones!
5. Candles: colorful candles add so much more than you think they would. Even if you never light them or if they have no scent, they look so great in a room that’s lacking color. Spring scented candles are always a plus, too! If you’re like me and already have 50,000 candles, buy a cute candle holder that fits the theme of the room but also adds that spring feel.
6. Clock: Changing the clock on the wall can change the overall feel of the room, believe it or not. Depending on the size, it can either set up the whole theme or add to it. You could even simply paint the one you have or find a cheap, colorful one at Target!
7. Washi tape: all day, every day. Washi tape can be used to decorate just about anything. I just recently used some as a frame for my whiteboard calendar on my fridge!
8. Couch: looking to buy a new couch? Go for something more modern and colorful! Throw it in your white living room to give it that pop of color!
9. Lamps: add decorative, spring-colored lamps to your house! You can even spray paint an old lamp to give it a spring makeover! Lamps are so easy to work with. Change the shade, paint the base, done! A whole new lamp!
10. Thrifting: lastly, see what you can find at your local thrift store. You’d be amazed at the amount of cheap furniture and décor you can find at those places. Even if it doesn’t look perfect as is, you can always fix it up once you take it home!