These must have school supplies for elementary school kids will always be necessary. Make your back to school shopping easier!
These fun and fantastic supplies are bound to make every elementary school child ready for school and excited to learn! Teachers will appreciate the head start on the school supplies list too.
Happy School days are upon us! Have fun kiddos!
10+ MUST HAVE SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS
Backpack – While this might be a no-brainer, we want to add that a good quality backpack is KEY. Having gone through our fair share of cheaply put together backpacks, a good quality backpack can last many a school years saving lots of $$$.
Pencil Pouch – Keeping your pencils in a pencil box or pencil case is necessary for not only keeping your backpack clean from lead and pen leaks, but making sure the lead doesn’t brake, and your student always knows where to find a something to write with.
No. 2 Pencils – A supply of number 2’s is always necessary, but why do they always have the yellow ones. Spice it them up with these fun and colorful ones! Added bonus that they are sturdier than mechanical pencils.
Water Bottle – Reusable water bottles are always a good idea. Most schools now have the water faucets with bottle fillers attached making it a great option to keeping your child hydrated through out the day.
Rulers – We love the idea of these flexible rulers. We know that school supplies take a beating and so the flexible ruler can stand the test of time.
Back to School Must Haves
Markers – There are never enough markers. Starting with one box at the beginning of the year is always smart. Maybe even buying two or three boxes, might be even smarter.
Expanding Pocket Folders – While this might seem like something for kids in higher levels with different subjects, it can be useful for the younger grade students in learning to separate their work, have a place for art, and completed projects.
Gel Pens – These are more fun than MUST HAVE when it comes to school supplies. My kids are obsessed with gel pens and love these rainbow variety.
Composition Books – They are necessary for notes, writing practice and for keeping everything in one place. Who wouldn’t want an emoji covered one?
Colored Pencils – You can never have too many colored pencils. They are great for different classroom activities as well as coloring and art.
Glue Sticks – MUST! Each kids goes through a ton each school year and there never seems to be enough. Stock up!
Scissors – As much as glue sticks, kids use these every day both at school and at home. Stock up to make sure they always have a pair. Reminder there are right handed and left handed scissors. Make sure your child knows which one they should be using.
Dry Erase Markers – While this might not seem like a necessary item, it is becoming more and more necessary with dry erase boards for kids to practice writing on and many classrooms having dry erase boards instead of chalk boards.
They are great for practice for the younger students and even better for weekly planning for the older kids.
HAPPY BACK TO SCHOOL!
Other Back to School Post You Might Enjoy
- Printable Magnetic Weekly Planner is the best kids planner. Its simple and printable and allows kids to keep track of their weekly happenings.
- Looking for a motivational quote for my kids and this Dr. Seuss Quote Printable is great and reminding your children that they can go and change the world.
- Grab your free printable back to school checklist for the full cubby school supply list. Stress free list of school supplies.
- We find when we make the first day of school a celebration, the kids are more and more excited to start school. We have you covered with this 1st Day of School Party + Printables + Giveaway
- Looking for affordable and trendy back to school fashion, then look no further. We’re sharing our HAPPY new favorite back to school fashion for kids
- Whip up these 12+ happy after school snacks to make these back to school days result in happy kids.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
MUST HAVE SCHOOL SUPPLIES
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADEWITHHAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!