Alright friends, raise your hand if you love a fabulous white pizza as much as I do? HANDS RAISED waving like a crazy person. While I do love a traditional tomato based pizza sauce, there is something so delicious and belly warming about a great white pizza, that I cannot give it the love it deserves.
Okay, so here is the deal. We live down the street from a great pizza joint, CRUST that serves one of my absolute favorite white pizza's called a Stephanie. It is all kinds of awesome in your mouth and if you're even in San Diego, you should definitely go there.
The hubs and I were home this past weekend and decided that we would love to try and create something that was similar, but with a few things to change it up and make it more our style. I'm so glad we did because it too was delicious in its own warm blanket on a rainy day kind of way!Okay, here it is.
- Pizza Dough - Store Bought or Your Favorite Recipe
- 4-5 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 oz. package of prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 oz. herbed goat cheese
- 1 pear diced into small pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- ½ cup arugula
- Roll out your dough onto a pan or pizza stone. Drizzle the olive oil right onto the dough and using a brush, make sure to cover the crust. Spread ricotta evenly across the dough. Add pears, then proscuitto. Then pecans then mozzarella. Lastly, spoon small dollops of goat cheese across the pizza. Into 400 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Once you pull the pizza out of the oven, add arugula to the top.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 797mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
The salty prosciutto balances out the sweetness from the pears. If you're looking for a white pizza, I definitely recommend trying this one out.