We’ve showed you a ton of different non-carve pumpkin options this past week including glitter pumpkins, sharpie pumpkins and painted pumpkins. We have been waiting for the perfect time for a fun family pumpkin carving night. Now that we’re just a short time out from the big night it was a perfect time!
Knowing that we’re a family that includes lots of little fingers, we went with the Pumpkin Masters Carving Kits. I realize you’re probably thinking… “hello, they are sponsoring this post”… but in all honesty our family use Pumpkin Masters regardless of the sponsor due to the safety!
They design the Kid Carving Kits with some fun, simple patterns, and above all are so much safer than kitchen knives for their little hands. LOVE THAT!!!
First thing first, we cut the tops and scooped the outsides.
DNH Girl is really into cats this year and so a few of the patters were different versions of cats, but then DNH Dad went against the grain and tried out the ghost! Cute patterns huh?
They have so many different options for some fun and unique pumpkins. We shaved, punched, poked, and carved our little hearts out and had the best time. The new tool we used this year was the shaving kit, or what they call the surface carving kit. Have you heard of this? Umm, we apparently have been living under a rock because this was the first all of us had heard of it, but was the hit of the evening. You can essentially shave the top layer of the pumpkin off and create dimension with your pumpkins without having to carve all the way through to the hollowed out middle. AHHH-MAZING!
Turn off lights and Enjoy
So much fun and the kids LOVE seeing the pumpkin out front in the dark. If you haven’t started carving your pumpkin, if you’re looking for an economical family fun night then pumpkin masters is it! Have fun!
Some additional information about Pumpkin Masters you might find interesting!
- Pumpkin Masters is available at your local grocery, drug, or craft store, and nationally at Target and Walmart.
- Pumpkin Masters is having a Carving Contest:
- Pumpkin Masters is searching for carving talent as part of its annual Pumpkin Masters Carving Contest.
- Share a pic of your carving via Instagram or Twitter with #PumpkinMasters2013, submit via the Facebook app or send via email to: email@example.com to enter for the chance to win one of six prizes, including $5,000 for the Best Pumpkin.
- Contest runs from October 1 – 31, 2013.
- Contest details and official rules HERE :
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.