This Loaded Baked Potato Dip is an easy Super bowl appetizer and a crowd favorite.
With the big football game coming in just a few weeks, we’re gearing up for some fun.
I am a planner. When it comes to Super Sunday, I like to plan out all our easy Super Bowl appetizers and dips. I like to make sure we are set for game day!
Planning for the Big Game
Are you a party thrower or party attendee?
Every year our friends throw a fabulous party. Their Super Bowl party has tons of games, drinks and the most delicious variety of FOOD! I try and bring a new appetizer to the party each year. This dip is so good, I end up bringing it along with my new finger food each year.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
If you are anything like me, then loaded baked potatoes are one of my favorite dinner recipes. When you think Loaded bake potato, what do you think of? Some of my favorite toppings are ranch dressing, sour cream, garlic powder, bacon and chives.
What makes this dip great is all the delicious flavors of a loaded baked potato, but in a bite size. This dip takes less than 30 minutes to make and all the flavors you crave!
There are only a few ingredients, but with the ones in this recipe there are tons of flavor.
What you will need to make this delicious dip
This dip combines a few decadent ingredients to make one of the most delicious dips I’ve ever tasted.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 3 green onions, diced
- 8 pieces of bacon, chopped
- black pepper (optional)
How to make game day dips
First you start by cooking the bacon. I like crispy bacon because its easier to chop.
Once the bacon is cooked, then chop it finely. I like small pieces throughout my dip, but that is all based on preference.
Mix all the ingredients together until it is fully combined.
Note: You will want to make sure both cream cheese and sour cream are at room temperature. Otherwise, they will not fully mix and you will have cream cheese sour cream chunks. You can also substitute both for reduced fat versions. I personally think it has a different tangier taste, but again, it is based on preference.
Grab you favorite potato chips and serve.
What to serve with the loaded potato dip?
This dip is really universal.
Serving it with a potato chip is always a great bet. It can be served with vegetables and be a healthier option. It can also really great on crackers or tortilla chip. I have even served it with waffle fries for a true loaded bake potato taste!
Can you make it ahead of time?
You can certainly make this ahead of time. It just needs to be stored in an airtight container, in the refrigerator. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Just let it sit for a 20-30 minutes once you take it out of the refrigerator.
OTHER POTATO RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- If you love Tater Tots as much as I do, then you will adore these LOADED TOTS – LOADED TATER TOT BITES
- These PIZZA TATER TOT SKEWERS combine two of my favorite dishes into one appetizer. Pizza and Tater Tots.
- Our all time favorite easy Super Bowl Appetizer is our LOADED TATER TOT SKEWERS
- Game day or any day is a good day when you try our LOADED TATER TOT NACHOS RECIPE
- Carne asada fries are a food group to us in San Diego. These CARNE ASADA POTATO SKINS are our spin on this San Diego favorite.
- SMASH POTATOES are great for every day dinner side or to serve on game day!
- These LEFTOVER CHEESY MASHED POTATO BITES are all the cheesy goodness you ever wanted in an appetizer.
- Our CHEESY PANCETTA POTATO STACKS are salty and cheesy and all kinds of deliciousness.
OTHER GAME DAY APPETIZERS YOU’LL LOVE
- CHEESEBURGER MEATBALLS are all the deliciousness of cheeseburgers but in a bite size.
- ZUCCHINI TOTS WITH SPICY SRIRACHA MAYONNAISE are all the yumminess of tater tots but healthier version.
- CAMPFIRE NACHOS are not only great when camping. They are delicious appetizer at any time of year.
- If you love risotto, then you are going to love these CHEESY BUTTERNUT SQUASH RISOTTO BALLS
- BLOODY MARY BITES are not for the faint of heart or for anyone under 21. 🙂
- If you love chicken Parmesan, then you will love these CHICKEN PARMESAN BITES
- CHEDDAR FRIED RAVIOLI are one of my families favorites for all occasions.
- AL PASTOR MARINADED CHICKEN KABOBS this is a chicken spin on a traditional Mexican pork dish. Its delicious.
- CHICKEN POT PIE BITES is another fan favorite. Its all the tasty goodness of chicken pot pies, but in a bite (or two) size.
- The kids adore these MINI HAM AND CHEESE HAND PIES. I like to make these for afternoon snack or as family game day finger foods.
- GRILLED BRUSSEL SPROUTS APPETIZERS Grilling Brussel sprouts is a great way to serve vegetables to your guest.
We sure hope you enjoy this dip as much as we do. We would love to hear about it if you make it. Make sure to rate the recipe on the card below. Don’t forget to print your recipe for the big day using the recipe card below.
LOADED BAKED POTATO DIP
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPE BOARD ON PINTEREST
FOLLOW MADE WITH HAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS
If you like this recipe, pin it for later!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 3 green onions, diced
- 8 pieces bacon
- Cook the bacon until it is slightly crispy.
- Let bacon cool and then chop into small pieces
- Mix all the ingredients together until fully combined.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 547mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g