These cheeseburger meatballs are our favorite cocktail meatball recipes. Serve these mini burgers or any cocktail meatball at your Superbowl party.
Whether it is a Summer BBQ or Superbowl party, we are always looking for a delicious appetizer that is easy to make and big hit at parties. My youngest child is a cheeseburger aficionado (okay, maybe he’s just obsessed) but regardless he gobbled these guys up so fast, that I had to make them a second time just for him.
I have been invited to a party and do not know what appetizer to bring?
As a lover of parties, big and small, this is the number one question I get asked by both my IRL friends and my friends here online. Having one or two great crowd pleasing appetizers to bring to a friend’s house is always my suggestion. These cheeseburger meatballs are definitely one that fall into the crowd pleaser category. They are very versatile and can be adjusted to those with different dietary restrictions as well.
Can you make these appetizers ahead of the party?
I am all about the efficiency of making appetizers ahead either the night before or hours before. I would suggest cutting all the tomatoes, and cheese before as it will save the most time. But in terms of making the meatballs before hand, I would wait till right before the party to make the meatballs and assemble
Can these cocktail meatballs be made gluten free and or dairy free?
They absolutely can be made gluten-free and dairy-free. I have now started making these cheeseburger cocktail meatballs using gluten-free meatballs. I have a number of friends and family that are gluten free and that is one appetizer that can very easily exclude the bread crumbs without compromising the taste. As for dairy-free, I recommend always leaving the cheese off a handful of the appetizers to appease those that do not do cheese (*hand raised*)!
How to make these cheeseburger meatball appetizers.
- Cook meatballs according to instructions
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the cheeseburger meatball fixings.
- Cut the cheese into fourths
- Cut the tomatoes in half
- Remove the stalk from the lettuce, or if the leaves are large, cut them into smaller sizes.
- Once you pull the meatballs out of the oven, place the cheese on each meatballs. Don’t forget to leave a few without for your dairy-free friends.
- Lastly, assemble the cheeseburger meatballs using a toothpick or cocktail picks
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPE BOARD ON PINTEREST
FOLLOW MADEWITHHAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS!
- cook meatballs according to instructions
- while the meatballs are cooking, prepare the cheesebuger meatball fixings
- cut the cheese into fourths
- cut the tomatoes in half
- remove the stalk of the lettuce leaves
- Once the meatballs are done, add the cheese slices right away
- Once the meatballs have cooled enough for you to handle them, assemble them.