These cheeseburger meatballs are our favorite cocktail meatball recipes. Serve these mini burgers or any cocktail meatball at your Superbowl party or Summer BBQ.
Whether it is a Summer BBQ or Superbowl party, we are always looking for a delicious appetizer that is easy to make and big hit at parties.
My youngest child is a cheeseburger aficionado (okay, maybe he’s just obsessed) but regardless he gobbled these guys up so fast, that I had to make them a second time just for him.
I have been invited to a party and do not know what appetizer to bring?
As a lover of parties, big and small, this is the number one question I get asked by both my IRL friends and my friends here online.
These cheeseburger meatballs are definitely one that fall into the crowd pleaser category. They are very versatile and can be adjusted to those with different dietary restrictions as well.
Can you make these appetizers ahead of the party?
I am all about the efficiency of making appetizers ahead either the night before or hours before.
I would suggest cutting all the tomatoes, and cheese before as it will save the most time. But in terms of making the meatballs before hand, I would wait till right before the party to make the meatballs and assemble
Can these cocktail meatballs be made gluten free and or dairy free?
They absolutely can be made gluten-free and dairy-free.
I have now started making these cheeseburger cocktail meatballs using gluten-free meatballs.
With number of friends and family that are gluten free and that is one appetizer that can very easily exclude the bread crumbs without compromising the taste.
As for dairy-free, I recommend always leaving the cheese off a handful of the appetizers to appease those that do not do cheese (*hand raised*)!
How to make these cheeseburger meatball appetizers
Cook meatballs according to instructions
While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the cheeseburger meatball fixings.
- Cut the cheese into fourths
- Cut the tomatoes in half
- Remove the stalk from the lettuce, or if the leaves are large, cut them into smaller sizes.
- Once you pull the meatballs out of the oven, place the cheese on each meatballs. Don’t forget to leave a few without for your dairy-free friends.
- Lastly, assemble the cheeseburger meatballs using a toothpick or cocktail picks
OTHER SKEWERED APPETIZERS YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- These Ultimate Bloody Mary Bites are perfect appetizer for the next party!
- AL PASTOR MARINADED CHICKEN KABOBS this is a chicken spin on a traditional Mexican pork dish. They are delicious. If it were up to my husband, he would stick his face in this marinade and have all the meats marinaded in it.
- CHEDDAR FRIED RAVIOLI are one of my families favorites for all occasions. For many years I would make these as our Christmas Eve appetizer. They are cheesy and crunchy and just decedent enough for any special occasion.
- These PIZZA TATER TOT SKEWERS combine two of my favorite dishes into one appetizer. Pizza and Tater Tots. Another fantastic option for bloody mary added garnish. These babies are cheesy and hearty and are great all year long.
- GRILLED BRUSSEL SPROUTS APPETIZERS Grilling Brussel sprouts is a great way to serve vegetables to your guest.
SHAREABLE GAME DAY APPETIZERS YOU’LL LOVE
- CAMPFIRE NACHOS are not only great when camping. They are delicious appetizer at any time of year. They make for another great shareable appetizer for game day. Make a batch and sit them right in the middle of the coffee table.
- Game day or any day is a good day when you try our LOADED TATER TOT NACHOS RECIPE We love adding this to our game day table and letting people snack throughout the game.
CHECK OUT OUR 21+ SUPER BOWL APPETIZERS THAT WILL SCORE BIG
BITE SIZE APPETIZERS THAT ARE GREAT FINGER FOODS
- SMASH POTATOES are great for every day dinner side or to serve on game day!
- These LEFTOVER CHEESY MASHED POTATO BITES are all the cheesy goodness you ever wanted in an appetizer. These make for a great little bite. If you decide to air fry them, then throw them onto a skewer and pop that baby in your mary!
- ZUCCHINI TOTS WITH SPICY SRIRACHA MAYONNAISE are all the yumminess of tater tots but healthier version. They are hearty and cheesy and just as delicious as the potato version!
- Our CHEESY PANCETTA POTATO STACKS are salty and cheesy and all kinds of deliciousness. They make for a great side dish too.
- If you love risotto, then you are going to love these CHEESY BUTTERNUT SQUASH RISOTTO BALLS These are great as a side dish to dinner or as an appetizer. My game day guest, could not get enough.
- If you love chicken Parmesan, then you will love these CHICKEN PARMESAN BITES They are my husband’s favorite dinner dish, but bite size!
- CHICKEN POT PIE BITES is another fan favorite. Its all the tasty goodness of chicken pot pies, but in a bite (or two) size. These bite size deliciousness give you all the warm comforts of your grandma’s favorite, but in a bite size.
- Carne asada fries are considered a food group to us in San Diego. These CARNE ASADA POTATO SKINS are our spin on this San Diego favorite.
- The kids adore these MINI HAM AND CHEESE HAND PIES. I like to make these for afternoon snack or as family game day finger foods.
- 1 bag meatballs
- 6 pieces sliced cheese
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- 24 slices pickles
- 12 grape tomatoes
- cook meatballs according to instructions
- while the meatballs are cooking, prepare the cheesebuger meatball fixings
- cut the cheese into fourths
- cut the tomatoes in half
- remove the stalk of the lettuce leaves
- Once the meatballs are done, add the cheese slices right away
- Once the meatballs have cooled enough for you to handle them, assemble them.
Serving Size:24 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 1374mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!