These loaded tater tot nachos recipe is the perfect game day appetizer. We have what is soon to be your favorite totchos recipe loaded with all the fixings.
Our house is a big fan of tater tots. We love them with every day meals, but are big fans for game day.
If you looking for Easy Super Bowl Appetizers, then we have you covered!
These totchos are so easy to make and are just as good as your favorite bar.
WHAT ARE TOTCHOS?
Totchos is a funny word, and defnitely not something that rolls off the tongue. For those looking to understand what exactly totchos are, then you should know they are tater tot nachos. It is a Superbowl favorite appetizer like nachos but with tater tots instead of chips.
WHO INVENTED TOTCHOS?
I sure wish it was me that had invented these delicious potato awesomeness. It was in fact a gentleman by the name if Jim Parker out of Portland Oregon that is credited with bringing Totchos recipe mainstream. I am so HAPPY he did!
TO MAKE THESE TATER TOT NACHOS RECIPE, YOU’LL NEED:
This tachos recipe is so easy to make and you can load them up as much or as little as you like.
16 oz Tater Tots (1/2 Bag)
- 1/2 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Packet Taco Spices
- 1/4 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Jalapeño, sliced into rounds
- 1 Lime, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, fresh
HOW TO COOK TATER TOT NACHOS?
Make tater tots according to packaging. 450 degrees F for 29 minutes.
Cook ground beef in the skillet using taco spices.
Set aside beef and tater tots.
Slice Jalapenos into rounds.
Dice tomatoes and red onions.
Then, remove the pit and dice the avocado. Add lime juice on top avoid browning.
Right before you will serve the Tater Tot Nachos, set the oven to broil at 500 Degrees F.
Add the cooked tater tots into a cast iron plan or any pan that can go in the oven.
Then, add cooked ground beef on top of the tater tots.
Next, add cheese on top of the ground beef.
Heat the tater tots in the oven for 2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
Add sour cream on top of the tater tot melted cheese.
Then, add tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and red onion on top.
TOPPING IDEAS FOR TATER TOTCHOS
While I love the loaded tater tot nachos recipe, there are so many options for toppings. In order to make vegetarian totchos, simply replace the ground beef with beans. If you are looking for a Vegan Tater Tot Nacho recipe, eliminate the cheese and sour cream and load up on the grilled veggies and you have yourself a treat!
You can also look to adding pulled pork or chicken as alternatives for the ground beef..
OTHER TATER TOT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
If you love these easy, delicious loaded tater tot nachos, please check out my other tater tot recipes
- Loaded Tater Tot Skewers
- LOADED TOTS – LOADED TATER TOT BITES
- Pizza Tater Tot Skewers
- Homemade Zucchini Tater Tots
OTHER GAME DAY APPETIZERS YOU’LL LOVE
- CHEESEBURGER MEATBALLS
- CAMPFIRE NACHOS
- LOADED TATER TOT SKEWERS
- EASY CHEESE BALL RECIPE
- CHEESY BUTTERNUT SQUASH RISOTTO BALLS
- BLOODY MARY BITES
- PIZZA TATER TOT SKEWERS
- CARNE ASADA POTATO SKINS
- LOADED POTATO DIP
- CHICKEN PARMESAN BITES
- CHEDDAR FRIED RAVIOLI
- 16 ounces Bag of Tater Tots, 1/2 bag
- .5 pounds Ground Beef
- .5 package Taco Seasoning
- .5 cup Sour Cream
- .5 Jalapeno
- .5 cup Tomato
- .5 Avocado
- .25 Red Onion
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp cilanto
- Make tater tots according to packaging. 450 degrees F for 29 minute
- Cook ground beef in the skillet using taco spices.
- Set aside beef and tater tots.
- Slice Jalapenos into rounds.
- Dice tomatoes and red onions.
- Then, remove the pit and dice the avocado. Add lime juice on top avoid browning.
- Right before you will serve the Tater Tot Nachos, set the oven to broil at 500 Degrees F.
- Add the cooked tater tots into a cast iron plan or any pan that can go in the oven.
- Then, add cooked ground beef on top of the tater tots.
- Next, add cheese on top of the ground beef.
- Heat the tater tots in the oven for 2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Add sour cream on top of the tater tot melted cheese.
- Then, add tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and red onion on top.
- Serve hot
Serving Size:4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1841Saturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 3611mgCarbohydrates: 149gFiber: 22gSugar: 13gProtein: 54g
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!